I've got a big decision to make....and i want some help making it....

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
Well, i got my new chicks today and i think our favorite, my NN, is a rooster and we cant keep roosters...... so its either give him away now or when he is grown up and id rather do it now before we all get attached to him.....so we are thinking about finding another NN and trading him out......so what do you think? girl or boy? He follows our hand and runs after it like our old roo did...... and he has the largest comb....and hes 2 days old. I really hope hes just a crazy lil girl...
hmm.png

NN%20boy%20or%20girl.JPG

NN%20boy%20or%20girl%20%283%29.JPG

NN%20boy%20or%20girl%20%282%29.JPG

NN%20boy%20or%20girl%20%281%29.JPG

Thanks a million!

Quote:
yeah but has anyone ever had a girl that chases your hand??? i havent....i just tink its too coincidencial...and do NNs have big combs on the hens even?

All my chicks have chased my hand at one time or another.. definitely not an indicator that i know of?? I would wait and see......

Nancy

chasing the hand is not an accurate way to sex a chicken. otherwise vent sex experts would be out of business.

my chickens all 'chase the hand' and challenge each other by bumping chests etc.

it'll be a few weeks before there are any true clues for you.

hope it works to your advantage.
smile.png

ok! thanks! i guess i jumped the gun on this one LOL but i still have a feelin its a roo
idunno.gif
hopefully im 100%wrong
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom