Genesis Hova bator 1588???

SundownWaterfowl

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 16, 2008
Southern Columbia County NY
Im thinking about getting another incubator and saw the Genesis Hovabator 1588.

To those of you who have this:

1. What has you hatch rate been?

2. Does the temp fluctuate when the room temp does?

3. Pros

4. Cons.

Also, where did you buy yours?

Thanks.

Last edited:
1. MUCH better than any other incubator I've used
2. I'm not sure, I've only used it in one room. I think it adjusts for room temperature though.
3. Comes with a fan and "spill tray."
4. Mine, for whatever reason, dropped from 100 to 98 degrees and stablized itself at 98. I had to readjust it as that's too cold for a forced air bator.

Georgia Quail Factory. Buy the GQF hygrometer too, it's well worth it.

I love my Genesis!! My last hatch rate was 74%. I am trying to increase that percentage by adjusting my humidity. I had one chick that didn't hatch due to deformity of the beak. I had a couple others that had absorbed the yolk but never pipped the air cell. And I also had a couple that looked fully formed but did not absorb the yolk sac. The temp never fluctuates more that .5 of a degree. This time of year I can have a 5-8 degree fluctuation in room temp.

Pros-No messing with the thermostat (that's a BIG one!), ease of assembly, holds a decent amount of eggs, big viewing window

Cons-Some don't like the fact that you can't add water without opening the bator. This can be fixed by adding some aquarium tubing through a vent hole before adding eggs. Since I have the auto turner and don't have to open the bator for turning several times a day, I don't mind opening the bator every 2-3 days, picking up an egg and adding water. Temp and humidity come back up to normal within a minute after opening. Other than that, I honestly cannot think of any other cons.

I purchased mine from Cutler Supply. They had the best price I could find and their customer service is great!

For the price and ease of use, I don't think you can find a better incubator!

Thank you. I just ordered one.
wee.gif

Fantastic! You will love it!

I had a problem with mine and had to get a new thermostat and fan. Meanwhile, I borrowed and LG and I wanted to cry the whole 10 days that I had to use that thing. My 1588 never has issues with the temps. going up and down more than one degree. It is so accurate and so easy to use! I was so happy to get mine back up and working!

You really will be happy that you went with this bator.
smile.png

Im thinking about getting another incubator and saw the Genesis Hovabator 1588.

To those of you who have this:

close to 100% on my own eggs.

2. Does the temp fluctuate when the room temp does?
My room temo doesn't fluctuate but I would assume it would just like any incubator it's recommended to keep it in a stable room environment.

3. Pros
Temp is preset, electronic thermostat, small and light weight. Very dependable, reasonably priced.

4. Cons.
The only one I can think of is that it's styrofoam..... Doesn't bother me but some people don't like that.

Also, where did you buy yours?
I got my 1590 from Cutler I believe and my 1588 off of ebay

I dont keep track on every hatch- but I can tell you, when I use the Genesis to actually hatch in, it's a much higher percentage. I was doing staggered hatches for a while and taking the eggs out at day 18 and putting them into an LG - and killing them off there. Literally killing them off in an LG due to my own inability to control the temp swings in the LG. My hatch rates in the LG on some hatches was 0%, 25%, 50% at the most. In the Hovabator I have had up to 100% even on shipped eggs.

2. Does the temp fluctuate when the room temp does? A teeny bit but my room temp varies between 10-20 degrees in a day and the Genesis can still manage....I had to keep the LG in the most temp stable room in the house (my bathroom) due to the incubators inability to manage fluctuations in the environment. The Genesis handles outside changes much quicker and stays stable inside. Much safer. Whew. (I dont cool or heat my house often)

3. Pros - A trouble free, self operating incubator. 1)The thermostat is preset so you dont have to stand over it and pray its going to hold...and come back and find it didnt...2)The water tray comes out for easy cleaning - which I prefer for sanitary reasons - 3)you can run tubing to the tray to add water in case you dont want to open it all the time...4)the instructions to change the preset thermostat are accessible online at the GQF site and easy to understand 4)The egg turner is available and makes is more trouble free 5) huge open viewing window, you get to see the whole thing 6)No heat element to get burned on for those that just have to stick their hands in the bator. (and more, but I'm getting long winded)
4. Cons. What?

Also, where did you buy yours? Cutler Supply - The whole package

Back
Top Bottom