*CONTEST* Who wants to be a Guinea Mother.. MORE WinnersS ANNOUNCED

sweetshoplady

Songster
11 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Venice, Florida
Following the example of 2 fine BYC members, this contest is for 12 guinea eggs.

0430092220.jpg

I found my 2 guinea hens nest and took some of their eggs. One egg I believe is a turkey egg. I am sending the winner 12 guinea eggs. (i'm putting a few in my bator)

I saw my guinea hens laying in there today, so I'm pretty sure that some of these will hatch. My guineas are lavender, and then I have a pearl hen who has a white mate.

You may nominate someone else or yourself, but you must say why you want guineas, and possibly a turkey mutt egg.

Contest ends at 1:00 pm tomorrow (Friday, May 1). My mother will be choosing the winner.
smile.png

Last edited:
Did you say Lav Guinea
droolin.gif
LOL!!
I am a Lav nutt!! It is true - just look at sig line.
I would love to have some guineas, I don't have any
sad.png

We live on 20 acres in AR and have a big issue with bugs and ticks, already getting them
barnie.gif
. I have muscovys free ranging but the goofy birds think that they have to follow us around. Of course our 9 yr old DD thinks she has to carry them around and give out treats to them, now she has hubby doing it
he.gif
Doesn't help with the bug problem.
hu.gif

Someone gave me 2 eggs about a month ago but they were clear
hit.gif

I would be truly grateful if you picked me.
bow.gif

Thanks Amanda
thumbsup.gif

I think it is awesome that you are offering eggs. I will prob be doing the same thing in the next week or two, after I fill orders. BYC family is awesome
hugs.gif

Why do I want to be a guinea momma?

Because of the ticks! I live eleven miles from a road, deep in beautiful forest, but the ticks are terrible!

My poor doggies, besieged by ticks.

ladyball.jpg

lunaportrait7.jpg

56865.jpg

Plus I think their ugly little faces are the BEST!

big_smile.png

Holy free eggs week!!! HAHHAA. God Bless You for doing this!

I have been searching for guineas forever here in Arizona. Seriously Arizona has hardly any poultry. My husband never cared to much for my chickens, and said he always had guineas as a kid. He liked them because to him they look like dinosaurs. Hahhaa. I would love to hatch out some guineas eggs as a surprise for him, as well as my daughter who is 4. She is in love with Poultry, Too bad its so hard to come by in Arizona.... a big desert.

Guineas would make a wonderful addition to help keep snakes away. We saw 3 so far and I'm TERRIFIED that my daughter or son will get bit by a snake. My husband was bit by a young snake and now i'm scared for the kids.

We need guineas as our protectors!
smile.png

I had a beautiful flock but one of the neighbors killed them all. I have 3 of their eggs in the incubator now, hoping for at least a hen and a rooster!!!!! Thanks for the chance to win.

I'd like some guinea eggs because guineas are something I don't have here and it'd be really great to stop dealing with THIS::::
IMG_3993.jpg

*last year I had 3 on me.... and brought into the home one that didnt latch on yet...*

the wildlife would thank you too.... accidentally caught a wild rabbit in the live trap.... the whole base of her neck was welted up....we thought tumors...nope... ticks
sickbyc.gif

edited to add plus I need a guard-dog bird that will warn my others of danger (and every wind blown leaf)
lau.gif

Last edited:
love.gif
I would really love to have some of them .We have the most ticks and insects of all kinds down here.I am wwilling to buy soem from you.We need some badly,,,THanks so much.And I love the lavender and it really does not matter the color ,but getting the job done ios what counts,Thanks so much for your thoughts,I think you are a very special person to me.Thanks so much,Sandra

My bator is full right now, but I would like to see them go to someone who needs them to take care of their tick problem, I know first hand what those buggars can do, I had Lyme Disease about 17 years ago when I was 5, I had to be hooked up to I.V. meds 3 times a day for 6 weeks, and it was horrible, I still suffer from permenant joint damage because it wasn't caught in time. So if Guineas can save rbamterry & Epona142 & monarc23 & BackSwampGirl from Lyme disease, then I Vote one of them gets 'em.

Last edited:
We were just talking tonight about getting some guineas for the same reason as so many others on this board...TICKS. I found 3 on me on Saturday and 2 crawling across the floor of my daughters bedroom floor. She also had 1 stuck in her hair about a month ago and started running a fever so she was on antibiotics for 2 weeks. (not fun. she just turned 2 and figured out how to spit out her medicine). I have hatched alot of chicks this year and now have turkeys and silkies in the bator but would love to have some guineas. We have plenty of land and lots of trees for roosting.

My cat has 5 to 6 ticks on him a day now. Talked with my neighbors over the weekend and they both told me they thought it was a great idea to get some guineas. Ordered a Brinsea Eco and it will be delivered on Tues. Now all I need are the eggs!

Back
Top Bottom