Michigan Chickenstock!!! Lansing area, August 1!!!

Wynette

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Sep 25, 2007
Michigan
*** a special thank you to Chickflick for helping!! ***

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: NiftyChicken is graciously donating two six-month Golden Feather Memberships to our event! We'll decide later if they will be game prizes or raffle items. Thanks, Nifty!!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT II:[/b] Freebie is generously offering a free dozen BAx BA or EE or CM hatching eggs to the person that has the closest guess to how many folks will be attending Chickenstock! When you stop to pick up your nametag, you can also put your guess on a sheet of paper; whoever guesses the closest to the number of attendees receives the prize! We'll cut off guessing after lunch. THANKS SO MUCH, FREEBIE! What a generous offer!!

What: Meet/Greet/Swap/Sell/Potluck

When: Saturday, August 1,10:00 a.m. - ? (park closes at dusk)

Where: Delta Mills Park in Delta Township (Lansing), 7001 Old River Trail
1 ½ miles N. on Canal off Saginaw, and ½ mile E. on Old River Trail
(park amenities: Picnic shelter, playground equipment [new in 1999], fishing, canoe launch, nature trail, basketball court, 2 softball fields [#2 is not fenced], 2 tennis courts, 1 volleyball court [on grass], horseshoe pits, restrooms, and drinking water ) - Our pavillion is by the small park, not the huge blue one

What can you bring to swap or sell? Chickens, hatching eggs, other poultry, supplies, crafts…
For those bringing poultry, please make sure to bring a tarp for caged birds, or bring a folding table (no contact with the ground). We want to keep the ground clean and keep the birds from picking up anything off the ground to carry home. All birds should be checked several weeks ahead of time for evidence of mites/lice, and treated appropriately. (Our intention is not to offend…we just want this to be as clean as possible for all involved.) If you plan to swap/buy, bring extra boxes or crates. (we’ll try to bring a few extra boxes.). Also, we recommend that you bring a bottle of hand sanitizer for use between handling birds – again, just a safety precaution.

If you’d like to list what you may have (or plan to have) for sale or swap, I’ll update the original post with that information in this thread as well.

I will supply name tags; please check with me upon arrival.

Potluck: I’ll bring a large folding table for potluck items. If folks would either PM me or post in this thread what you can bring for the potluck, I’ll update this original post with the info. so that we don’t have to scroll through the MANY posts I’m SURE we’ll get. If there are grills available, or if someone can volunteer to bring one, I’ll bring hot dogs and buns.

What to do next: Just post whether or not you plan to attend, list what you may have to swap/sell (if anything…please come to socialize if you do not plan on swapping or selling) and post what you can bring for the potluck.

Feel free to PM or e-mail me if you have comments/suggestions/questions.

OH! I’ll bring a digital camera so we can get some nice photos to post on BYC after the Meet/Greet/Swap/Sell/potluck!!

Gift exchange: For those wishing to participate, we’ll be having a gift swap. Please bring an inexpensive (let's say, $10 or less), wrapped poultry-related item; we’ll put it in a bin, and everyone that brings a gift chooses one to take home when they leave.

Potluck Items:
Wynette - hot dogs/buns
Vicki2x2 - condiments for the hot dogs
Citalk2much - paper plates, plasticwear, napkins
Boyd - charcoal, hamburgers, buns, DW's awesome macaroni salad
Heidi - fruit salad, chocolate chip cookies
LauraSBale - watermelon and dessert
Bluemoon - cous cous salad
Freebie - Snickers salad
babszoo - chicken cake
hillbillyhen - lemonade and ice tea and cups - and horseshoes!
Opa - 2 folding tables, 12 smoked chickens, potato salad, baked beans (YOWZA!)
playeryaj - eggrolls
pumpkin pie....was that you, Zephyrcreek?
chickpea salad and maybe GF chocolate zucchini bread or GF pumpkin pie - frankenchick
veggie dish - abbypeaches
grape salad & peanut butter cake - brewster's roosters
chips/finger food - shelleyb1969
pasta salad - DottieMarie
veggie & pasta salad - briana1975
fruit salad & choco chip cookies - Heidi
Lovemychicklets - cheesy potatoes
The Chicken Lady - sweet and sour meatballs and a barrel of mega dill pickles

Attendees:
Wynette (and DH)
Chickflick
Boyd
Citalk2much (and son and hopefully daughter)
Heidi (and DH)
Opa (and Hope and Granny)
Steve and DW (possibly - Steve will let us know later)
Freebie (plus DH, hopefully)
Hotwings
The Chicken Lady (hopefully!!)
MichiganWoods (and fam)
Bluemoon420 (and DD, and hopefully DH)
twinwillows1215
Vicki2X2
LauraSBale & DDs
Produck (and DW - hopefully!!!)
KrisRose
Chicklips & DH
Montcapu (tentative)
Hillbillyhen & DH
Brkuk (tentative)
19Sarah90
Briana1975 (tentative)
Hillbillyrooster (DW & 2 kids)
babszoo
Mrschickendad & chickendad
playeryaj
Wyliefarms + 5 kids
Zephyrcreek
DottieMarie
RIRJen + 2
frankenchick, DH, +3
LoveMyChicklets, DH, +2
Hillbilly Rooster, DW, +1
rachelj07 + 1
Shelleyb1969
Abbypeaches + 3
brewster's roosters & DW
DottieMarie +1
briana1875 +3

WANTED:
Orpington (buff or any color), Welsummer, or Barred Rock chicks - Freebie
Looking for quality bantam cochin cockerel in Mille Fleur, Buff Columbian, or mottled - MrsChickendad

WILL HAVE FOR SALE/TRADE:

Mutt eggs (BA x BA, EE, Cuckoo Marans) - Freebie

Ameraucana cockerels (blue wheaten, buff), Lemon Blue bantam cochin cockerel, Blue bantam cochin cockerels (3), bantam blue orpington pullet - MrsChickendad

I will have available hatching eggs and chicks in the following breeds: Welsummers, BLRW, Serama's and possibly SLW. Also have young welsummer and serama roosters available cheap! PM for details! - Vicki2X2

Turkey poults possibly - Royal Palm - babszoo

DE, $2 for the first lb. and $1 for each lb. thereafter - 19sarah90

Delaware chicks - hatch date 7/13/09 have been selected for layers. Excess roos will be ready to butcher at around 16 weeks. Dixie Rainbows (Meaties) - 6/1/09 or 7/13/09 hatches. Ready to butcher in 10-12 weeks. Pullets also make very good layers. I will also have some colored range birds ready to butcher. Javas - I may have an excess Roo or 2. Broad Breasted White Turkey - Hatched 5/20/09 It will not be long before they will be ready for the dinner table, or stick them in the freezer for Thanksgiving! - zephyrcreek

Bantam vorwerk pair ($20). Chicken pincushions, made by Granny! (free) - Opa

I'm looking for speckled sussex roos for a friend of mine...we're looking for 2-3 of them and pied guinea. (anything but pearl). I am looking for some standard blue cochins. - RIRJen

3 rouen ducks - LauraSBale

one Rhode Island Red pullet, and [possibly] Silkie chicks to sell - Shelleyb1969

FOLKS OFFERING RIDES:
Boyd - coming from just SW of Flint

Freebie - I will be able to fit 1-3 more in my van, if anyone wants to come from the Van Buren/Kalamazoo County area. I will be driving past Battle Creek and Marshall too. I will have to mapquest to see what else is on the way. I think we pass by a sign that says Eaton County too.

Last edited:
I can't wait to mee you, Rose! Yeppers - going to be a really good time, and I'm so excited to put names with faces, and get to know everyone!

Thanks.... I just got so behind today...still running around trying to get things done.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom