Lemon pyle coloring

IcameIsawIleft

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 17, 2009
Okay, so I saw a lemon pyle brahma the other day and I became infatuated with the coloring. It's so beautiful.

lemon-pyle-brahma2.jpg

So I was wondering;
Are there any other breeds with this coloring?

Are there any hatcheries that sell any lemon pyle brahmas or similar colored birds?

If not where would I go/ who would I contact if I wanted to buy some?

I have found a website. www.chirpychicks.com Unfortunately, they reside in Wales, and on the site, it says eggs can't be exported.

Last edited:
You wont find any lemon pyle Brahmas in the US. I might be totally off base but isnt lemon pyle the splash variety of a blue partridge? Blue in 2 doses dilutes out all the black and leaves the red. Anyway you wont find blue partridge in the US either. Euro Brahma Technology is light years ahead of ours despite the fact that the breed originated in the US.

You might look for the color in OEG....but Im not positive.

Well, I'll have to convince my parents to take me to Wales to buy some eggs from chirpy chicks and smuggle them here to the U.S.!
tongue.png

Does OEG mean Old English Game?

So what colors would I breed together to get a blue partridge? And once I get that could I just breed a blue bird of the same breed to that and get the splash blue partridge?

Also is there a way to do the above with wyandottes?

Thanks so much already!

I'm not quite sure what they mean by 'Lemon'. Often if not usually 'lemon' means with the cream gene. but those birds don't look as if they have the cream gene. One of the females looks lighter than the other.
I'd guess that those are splash buff columbian, as the males tail has a blue cast. Alternatively buff columbian with dominant white, the darker female & the male having one dominant whote gene & the lighter female having two?

Why not make some you brahma fans?
wink.png

Id have to make sure......I might be totally off about lemon pyle.

Wyandottes color genetics and Brahma color genetics always seem to be very close in my opinion.

But yeah a blue partridge is just a partridge (gold) with blue added. The partridge we are talking about is the penciled(double laced) partridge type eb with Pg not the wild type partridge e+. So yeah that would be the same type of partridge as a partridge wyandotte. I belive that Ideal sells them. As to partridge brahmas, you will have to search for breeders as no us hatcheries sell them.

I'm not after the brahma breed in particular, but I'm after the lemon pyle/splash blue partridge coloring. If given the choice, I would take the wyandotte over the brahma, but whichever breed is convenient for this project is what i'm going to go with.

So rootball, your saying I could breed some partridge wyandottes to blue wyandottes to get blue partridge wyandottes? Then I could breed blue wyandottes to the blue partridge wyandottes and get a splash blue partridge wyandotte?

Also if anyone wants some better pictures, go to

http://chirpychicks.com/lemon_pyle_brahma.htm

These are in Wales.

I think Im wrong

If you go to chirpy chicks site you will find him showing red pyle as the blue partridge splash. They however look extremely close to the lemon pyle.

Some places I see lemon pyle listed as a splash of a lemon blue bird which is a blue birchen but im not sure how you would get that from brahmas or wyandotes.......have to do some more research.

here is his pic of red pyles

Splash%20Partridge%20Brahma%20hen%20copyright%20website.jpg

The lemon pyles seem to be subtly different

lemon%20pyle%20brahma%20hen%20copyright%20website.jpg

Ill get back to you when I figure out the genotype

Last edited:
So rootball, your saying I could breed some partridge wyandottes to blue wyandottes to get blue partridge wyandottes? Then I could breed blue wyandottes to the blue partridge wyandottes and get a splash blue partridge wyandotte?

Not quite that simple.....

I've got blue partridge Orpingtons but not ready to go.​

Back
Top Bottom