Fort Knox broken into...

TheDuckCrew

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Connecticut
In may, i had lost two of my beloved babies. Slushie and Chubby. so in order to protect our last two ducks Toby and Lucy, we created the duck fort knox. the thing is crazy. all my friends that come over laugh at how extreme we were to protect our ducks. but apparently, fort knox wasn't strong enough. on the night of october 22nd, something dug underneath the door to the pen. under the bricks and wire. it traveled through the pen and into the house where i believe toby and lucy were sleeping. there, it attacked them both. toby made it out barely injured, lucy was murdered. i went to school early the next morning, and was not aware that lucy lay dead or dying in the house. when i returned from school, my parents asked me how my day was and surprisingly it had gone well, i was in high spirits. then i turned around and my mom was crying and my dad informed me he found lucy dead. instantly, i was crying hysterically. i bolted out the door, not bothering to put shoes on, and sprinted to the pond where toby was swimming. i stood watching him, swim all alone, as i stood sobbing uncontrollably. my whole world had just been shattered. later when i was putting him to bed, i cried as i herded him in, all by himself, lonely and scared. my dad would not let me see lucys body, and we still do not know what killed him. whatever it was only killed one, did not eat him or any of the food which normally things are after such as raccoons. my boyfriend came to comfort me for he knows they mean everythinggg to me and guessed a dog by all the clues left behind. i dont really care what killed lucy, i just want my baby back, and if i could wake a venegance on the killers of lucy, slushie and chubby, i certainly would. momma bear has been awaken.

hugs.gif
i know i have had this happen to me

Sounds like something a raccoon would do. Sorry about your loss.
sad.png

I live right along a river and have lots of raccoons. To prevent them from getting my ducks, I put in a electric fence with three strands of wire from 4 inches to 16 inches high, so far its worked.

Back
Top Bottom