Looking for pictures of chicken breeding pens?

dani2

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 25, 2008
Hi,

I am trying to come up with some ideas for breeding pens as we would like to do some more selective breeding next year and was wondering if anyone would share pictures of what they have. We have several large barns with runs but for chickens that I only have one or two of I am looking for something smaller that would work but still look nice. Thanks in advance Nicki

I have three of these side by side.

34566_dscf6053.jpg

The Warden
I have three of these side by side.

They look great can you give us some more infor. about them like ;
how large there are ,
and how many breeders do you place in each one ,
are they large chickens or bantams chickens

Thanks Alan​

I just had them made and got them the day before Thanksgiving. They are 4'x4' and 6' tall. Right now I only have one occupied by 8 young Light Sussex. I really haven't decided exactly how I will use them yet but they are attached to a large run so I have lots of options.

Mary

Hello!
I realize this is an older post,but would you have access to the plans for this setup that you have posted a picture of?
thank you and let me know.

Last edited:
I came across your thread because we are trying to do the same thing this year... do selective breeding. Right now we have three large pens, but no runs with them. We free range our chickens, so I was hoping someone had plans for pens with runs.
How often do you breeders let your roosters out to stretch? Once a week? More, less? Or do you put the hen you want bred, in with the rooster?

Back
Top Bottom