Though YOU had a Predator!?? *GRAPHIC*

Orpstralope

XL College Raised Eggs
10 Years
Oct 11, 2009
Boone
So the other day I'm riding around in the farm truck and sure enough when i get back to the house I hear this ruckus from the back. I carry a pistol sometimes and I happened to have it in the farm truck...but I hd no bullets. So my only other option was to grab my Marlin .308 Express, a big gun. Sure enough when I get close enough I hear what sounds like a cat breaking wood. I walk around the back of the coop and there is the perpetrator - a 31 lb. Bobcat. Now in the mtns. I'm not used to seeing these large animals, but sure enough there he was. Here is a picture of him:

42787_img00016.jpg

He's a biggen but he's going to go on the fireplace. Thank god he didn't get to my flock, or else I may have had none left.....

Good Job!! It would have done some major damage!! We've gotten a couple of them. One was HUGE the body was bigger that the rack on the 4 wheeler with the head hanging off one end and the back side hanging off the other!! They are not very nice creatures!!

Missi

In NC season is open right now for cats...thank God. Also y'all are right and he would've been a SERIOUS threat. I hated to see him have to go, but it's for the sake of the flock and my chicken income! And Randy you are right...not enough guts to take me on atleast!

I'm going to get him tanned because after I called around people were asking upwards of $400 for a mount!!!
ep.gif
So now he'l be ready in February hopefully...thanks for the comments, figured some people would like to see the photos.

Back
Top Bottom