Though YOU had a Predator!?? *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Orpstralope, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Orpstralope

Orpstralope XL College Raised Eggs

Oct 11, 2009
    Boone
    So the other day I'm riding around in the farm truck and sure enough when i get back to the house I hear this ruckus from the back. I carry a pistol sometimes and I happened to have it in the farm truck...but I hd no bullets. So my only other option was to grab my Marlin .308 Express, a big gun. Sure enough when I get close enough I hear what sounds like a cat breaking wood. I walk around the back of the coop and there is the perpetrator - a 31 lb. Bobcat. Now in the mtns. I'm not used to seeing these large animals, but sure enough there he was. Here is a picture of him:

[​IMG]

He's a biggen but he's going to go on the fireplace. Thank god he didn't get to my flock, or else I may have had none left.....

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Aw poor fella ahaha [​IMG]

3. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

All I can say is...WOW! [​IMG] [​IMG] He definitely would've wiped out your flock...or at least drastically reduced it.

4. Randy

Randy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    AR
    He don't have the guts to go after your chickens again. [​IMG]

5. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Quote:HA!!
    Anyway yea, would have killed, and killed, and killed till the hens were all gone. Good for you!!

6. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Just be careful, some places need permits for them. PA, you have to enter the drawing for a cat permit. Anyways, gorgeous cat! You tanning or mounting?

7. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Good Job!! It would have done some major damage!! We've gotten a couple of them. One was HUGE the body was bigger that the rack on the 4 wheeler with the head hanging off one end and the back side hanging off the other!! They are not very nice creatures!!

Missi

8. Orpstralope

Orpstralope XL College Raised Eggs

Oct 11, 2009
    Boone
    In NC season is open right now for cats...thank God. Also y'all are right and he would've been a SERIOUS threat. I hated to see him have to go, but it's for the sake of the flock and my chicken income! And Randy you are right...not enough guts to take me on atleast!

I'm going to get him tanned because after I called around people were asking upwards of $400 for a mount!!![​IMG] So now he'l be ready in February hopefully...thanks for the comments, figured some people would like to see the photos.

9. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    Glad you got him, before he got to your flock.

10. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Gosh there have been a lot of bobcat sightings all over the continent this year. Must be getting rough in the back woods, especially with this cold snap.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by