Western Pa swap.....who is interested?

MuranoFarms

Crowing
12 Years
Nov 14, 2009
Boyers, Pa
I'm thinking of having a swap here in western Pa. I'm looking at Slippery Rock/Moraine park and a few other sites. Possibly the end of July.

I'm wondering how many would be interested?

Last edited:
Great idea!!! I am game (from city of Pittsburgh), my brother (Kittanning) would probably be interested too. Another friend has chickens here in Pittsburgh as well. So three here.

Near Portersville, there is a Tractor Supply and a Barnes and Noble in Cranberry Twp on Route 19, not a half mile from each other. It is easy access to OH/PA turnpike (E&W) as well as I 79 (N&S), some OH and WV folks might make the trip. Cranberry Twp is about one hour from Wheeling WV, half hour from Boardman OH, and maybe 1 1/2 - 2 hours from Erie PA.

Could have a meet and greet/planning meeting at the coffee shop in the Bookstore and ask the TS to host the actual Swap/Meetup.

Just some ideas, I got excited:D

Paula

I might make the trip out.
smile.png

Last edited:
Love Cooper's
big_smile.png
They are reasonably priced for groups, could even get the barn in case of bad weather. Great idea!!

A swap is pretty much just swapping/selling chickens, ducks, eggs etc... It's a few hours long.

A chickenstock is more like a picnic with lots of chicken people. I have a few breeders in mind, and of course everyone would be welcome to bring whatever chicken, duck, guineas, eggs etc that they want to sell or swap. There are threads at the top of this forum about other chickenstocks and what they were like.

I might even be interested in coming from Eastern/Central PA. We are having a chickenstock, but I work that Sunday.. Everything seems to always happen on the days that I work.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom