Chicks with CRD. I tried Wild Oil of Oregano and CRD is gone!

patman75

Songster
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Michigan - in the thumb
I have 8 -2 weeks old chicks and last week I noticed 3 were sneezing alot and one was very congested and I could hear her rattle as she breathed.

So I did some research on the BYC (this place has it all
smile.png
). It sounded like that the chicks have CRD and the treatment was for antibiotics. I did not have any antibiotics on hand but I had Wild Oil of Oregano for my personal use. Wild Oil of Oregano is a natural antibiotic, antiparastic, antiviral and antifungal. I felt like I had nothing to lose so I put 3 drops in their water and swished it around and hoped for the best.
fl.gif

The next morning I check on the chicks and not one is sneezing and the chick with the congestion and rattle was breathing normal. I could not believe it!
wee.gif
It has been a week and all the chicks are doing great.

Here is the Wild Oil of Oregano that I used if anyone is interested. There is much more info on the link about it.

Wild oil of oregano

I've been having weird respitory problems as well and was about to give up. I ordered some of the oil!! CaN't wait to try it. Would rather do things herbally anyway. Thanks SO much!!!!

Quote:
Good luck with it.
fl.gif

I have a 1 gallon water can. I just put the 3 drops in the channel where the chicks drink and stired it up. Since it is a oil is will just bead up on the water. that is why I stired it up.

Let us know how it works for you. It worked for me but It would be nice to have a larger sample size to see if it was not a fluke.

Back
Top Bottom