Not open for further replies.

Zgoatlady

Songster
10 Years
Mar 20, 2009
Enumclaw, WA
My Coop
My Coop
Ok so it got closed can we be nice and try it again? I really want to learn more about the books and movies that I can read and watch.
So I hope someone can post them on here and just that. Also would like to know the seed comp. that are ok to use.

Quote:
what got closed? another thread on the same topic?

The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals
~ Michael Pollan

Anything by Joel Salatin:
* Salad Bar Beef. (1996)
* Pastured Poultry Profit$. (1996)
* You Can Farm: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Start & Succeed in a Farming Enterprise. (1998).
* Family Friendly Farming: A Multigenerational Home-Based Business Testament. (2001).
* Holy Cows And Hog Heaven: The Food Buyer's Guide To Farm Friendly Food. (2005).
* Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal: War Stories From the Local Food Front. (2007).

Barbara Kingsolver has some good stuff out there. too. Animal, vegetable, Miracle is one but I still need to read it! I love to read her articles in Mother Earth News.

I'm not a big movies person but Food, Inc. will scare the bejeebus out of you.

I did watch Food inc, and your right I now find it hard to think I ever at at McDs. now Im trying to get my kids who are 19 to watch it .
When I was watching it my husband said STOP your never going to eat again.
I am lucky we get beef from a friend and pork from a friend. Told DH that Im going to make the whole yard a veg garden this year he said GREAT.. So thats what Ive been doing the past day trying to figure out how I can do it all. We also have diary goats so can do the milk and cheese. But husband hates the milk no he hasnt tried it LOL did like the cheese till he knew it was goat cheese.. Next Im going to try ice cream it should work.

Oh I didnt know that, so am I going to get in a lot of trouble? I hope not I love this place.
How do I find out about that? Any one know? Than I can ask them..
hide.gif

Per the rules:

* If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BackYardChickens staff member.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom