3-4 Week (Possibly 5-6) Old Leghorn, Roo?

HenryHughes

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
54367_photo_37.jpg
Sorry, kinda new at this.

Last edited:
I thought my Leghorn gals were roos until they started laying eggs! Mine have big floppy red combs. I have no idea how to sex or any of that, so I just waited, and wallah! I have all great layer hens. I hope you have the same luck.

Hi, you need to go to "Uploads", find the file you have there, hit submit, then copy the location here on BYC and paste it to this thread.

Quote:
He/She is about 8 inches in length and 6 inches tall. What makes you say it's a meat bird?

Quote:
He/She is about 8 inches in length and 6 inches tall. What makes you say it's a meat bird?

Just the shape of his eyes. They are different than my Leghorns' eyes, and remind me of some meatie chick pictures I have seen.
hu.gif

No big deal though. Mine are hens afterall, not roosters so I might be totally wrong.

If you had a full body pic it would tell for sure.
smile.png

Quote:

Just the shape of his eyes. They are different than my Leghorns' eyes, and remind me of some meatie chick pictures I have seen.
hu.gif

No big deal though. Mine are hens afterall, not roosters so I might be totally wrong.

smile.png

Yeah I'll try to get a full body pic, but haha I don't know if I can, Major. Hoolihan (The possible roo) is super squeamish, He/She'll bolt at any sight of freedom. Notice my firm grip in the picture.

Quote:

hu.gif

smile.png

Yeah I'll try to get a full body pic, but haha I don't know if I can, Major. Hoolihan (The possible roo) is super squeamish, He/She'll bolt at any sight of freedom. Notice my firm grip in the picture.

Back
Top Bottom