Accident

TommyVT05

Songster
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southern California
I just got this e-mail in from the teacher who is incubating the eggs that I have her for the class project:

Hi Tommy,
I am so worried..the custodian unplugged the incubator last night at
around 8:30. He was using the outlet to vacum and didn't realize what he
was unplugging. When I arrived this morning at 7:00 the temperature was
70 degrees. Do you think this killed the chicks? I am so upset I could
cry.
Any suggestions?

I don't know...does anybody know is the chicks are still good...I have never heard this before so I don't know.
I hope its still ok : (
Im praying...because there are 24 EGGS!!! Jungle Fowls and Phoenix...really rare birds there

Please help,
Thank You

- Tommy

he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Ouch!

I called her and let her know, hopefully, not too many died. She will candle them tomorrow and will do again a few days after there to look for changes on the developement. Crossing my fingers.

: (

- Tommy

PS: That is 12 hours unplugged! Now that I have thought of it. Lets say the foam can perhaps keep it @ 100 for 1 hour. Thats 11 hours left that under the norm! What are the chances of seeing this now --->
jumpy.gif

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Have seen people here come through with chicks after that long in a winter power outage. No doubts some will not make it but some still may.

Truthfully they are probably fine. Eggs are much more resilient then people think. I've had power outages, and unplugged bators on several occasions.

Imma pray!!!
fl.gif

Hope my babies are alright. The temp is 70F when the teacher saw it 8:30 in the morning, so it is most likely higher than 70F during the night so there could still be hope.

By the way: The eggs went in the incubator on the 27th. So it has been about a week and this happened...is that ok?

I hope for not too many losses : (

- Tommy

Hey, I read the story and it was sad...
sad-smiley-047.gif
I wish you the best of luck!!!
speechless-smiley-008.gif

Thanks. The chicks and I will need it to get by. @ First, I hoped 20/24 hatched, but now...I can only pray for 10 : (
Big change isn't it?

Oh well, better than notthing I guess

- Tommy

Back
Top Bottom