**UPDATED-4-16**Little Bitties Any Ideas? Age Progression

CoyoteMagic

RIP ?-2014
Apr 20, 2007
only the shadow knows.....
Picked these little ones up at TSC today. All bantams, mix of clean and feathered legs. A Dozen of them!!

Luna kitty wanted to check out what was in the box!
CHICKIES.jpg

#1 clean legs, white spot on head, chest and wings. the rest is black, got 2 of these

C8.jpg

3/23
c11.jpg

c12.jpg

Barred Rock Bantam PulletThe 2nd one didn't make it to 2 weeks old.

c23.jpg

c22.jpg

#2 feathered legs, chipmunk brown and a touch of grey

C7.jpg

3/23
c13.jpg

c14.jpg

Pretty Pullet

c19.jpg

c18-1.jpg

#3 clean legs, yellowy-orangeish buff, 2 of these

C3.jpg

3/23
c1-1.jpg

c2-1.jpg

These ones are now buff and brown. Pullets

c15-1.jpg

c14-1.jpg

#4 feathered legs, white, 2 of these

C6.jpg

3/23
c6-1.jpg

c5-1.jpg

Ooops only one with foot feathers other is white with out. Roo

c21.jpg

c20.jpg

#5 feathered legs, browns and black, looks like a little teddy bear!

C5.jpg

3/23
c7-1.jpg

c8-1.jpg

Not as fuzzy now but still pretty. Pullet

c11-1.jpg

c9-1.jpg

#6 clean legs, most dark brown body, gold on head, and white on chest, 4 of these

C2.jpg

3/23
c15.jpg

c16.jpg

Golden Sebrights I think I have 2 roos and 2 pullets but not quite sure. 1st one is a definate roo.

c6-2.jpg

c5-2.jpg

2nd one comb is a bit smaller, bird is a week older and larger, Pullet? (but comb not as small as the pullet that is the same age as the one above)
c16-1.jpg

#7 feathered legs, greys and white, a puff ball

C1.jpg

3/23
c3-1.jpg

c4-1.jpg

Pretty pretty Pullett!!

c13-1.jpg

c12-1.jpg

#8 bad pick, it sneezed, lol. clean legs, I think it's a Silver Sebright which I was looking to get a dozen of but they only had this one!

C4.jpg

3/ 23
c17.jpg

c18.jpg

Silver Sebrights got a few more for my hubby. This one is a roo but I have a good mix of 13 of them!
c4-2.jpg

c3-2.jpg

3/23 sorry don't have it's first picture

c9.jpg

c10.jpg

OEG Pullet
c8-2.jpg

c7-2.jpg

ET-fix boo boos again and again, lol

Last edited:
#6 is a Golden Sebright...I know cuz I raise those!
smile.png
Rest with the feather feet look like cochins to me in various colors-tho I am not the person who knows about cochins.

#8 is a silver Sebright
smile.png
(I raise them too) Be careful with the Sebrights...they HATE dampness and can be spastic chicks and fragile as chicks...but hardy as adults and LOVELY!

Last edited:
I love Silver Sebrights. We had some last year before I had to rehome everyone due to my cancer treatments. My husband, Mr.NonChicken, wanted some again this year but I've only found the 1. I thought that was a Gold but wasn't sure. I've got another one that is a couple days older that I got at TSC on Friday. One of only 2 chicks to survive out of 6. This batch looks much hardier

I think that hatcheries should have a page that prints out with your order showing what kinds they give you, with a picture of the chick and name. Or little cards by the chick bins that they pull as they pull the chicks! More money for them but easier for us! SO CUTE! My chicks ate 2-3 weeks old already and have grown SO much! I want to go get more little ones...seeing that some of mine might be roos...but my husband would kill me! hahaha
lol.png

#1: Barred Rock?
#2: Buff Brahma? MF D'uccle? idk
#3: Buff Orpington?
#4: idk
#5: Partridge something? Cochin?
#6: Golden Sebright
#7: Light Brahma?
#8: Silver Sebright

Back
Top Bottom