☺ "Comm. black pullet"? (Not Sexlinks!) ✔Photo Update!✔

Sunshyne276

Songster
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Richlands, Virginia
Went to Tractor Supply, brought home some chicks.. In with the Amberlinks, they had a black chicks, and the sign said "comm. black pullets".... Any idea what type of chicken that could be? I bought one, to see what she turns into. She's black, and has a little red around her eyes, and a slightly lighter shade of red chin.. Black legs. Help? lol

**Edit: Heard back from the hatchery that supplies these chicks to TSC.. They said they are definitely NOT sexlinks! They are pullets, and will be a lot like an Australorp when full grown.
They are supposed crossed with Australorp! ...They look nothing like an Australorp to me!
hmm.png

b162.jpg

~2 1/2 weeks old~

*Edit: Since this post, I did go back to get one like the first one. Unique, so I had to! lol
Also picked up 2 tiny black ones, with a little white spot on their wings, from the same bin..
Be it "Comm. black pullets", "Common black pullets", or "Commerical black pullets"......
...There are some strange looking birds we all have been buying from these bins!! lol
Little mystery chicks.
smile.png

Last edited:
Oh ok, so basically "assorted" black pullets. I see..
smile.png
Thank you.. I feel a little dumb now.. lol But I thought maybe it was an abbreviation of some specific breed possibly. ha

If it makes you feel any better, the TSC here has a bin of "black pullets" and then it states in small print that they could be BA or BSL... right below a picture of a Barred Rock. Weirdest sign ever.

SO, if it has some white on it, then I'm changing my vote to Australorp.

Last edited:
I'd be happy with Austrolorp or black giant! lol
I got Amberlinks, too. They were an awesome surprise, actually! lol
I had called ahead, and they didn't have Amberlinks.
By the time I got there, they had another shipment, including amberlinks!
smile.png

I ended up with 4 Amberlinks (one is beige, which I think is weird lol),
3 "Ameracauna"/EE, 2 White Leghorn and the little black one.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom