Been a wreak since yesterday--- HE'S HOME!!!!!!

featherfooted

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Georgia
Yesterday My DH came home from Church and said he didn't feel well.
That both his arms hurt, left more than the right. I grabbed my purse and took him to the local Hospital. They did some tests and said that even through the EKG was normal the heart emzymes in his blood was a little high so they were sending him to Macon to the Heart hospital there. I called a friend of mine to tell her and she said she would come and take me up as she knew where the hospital was and I didn't. The hospital here acted like it wasn't super urgent, when I got to the hospital in Macon no one could tell me where he was or what was happening for over a hour and a half. We finally found out the they had taken him straight into the Cath room and did the heart catheterization and put in 2 stents. One of him arterties was 99% blocked. I was almost a basket case by then. Lucky He is doing great now and we hope he can come home tomorrow. We're going to have to make some life changes in eating better and getting more exercise. We're taking this as a wake-up called to take better care of our selves. PLEASE if a loved one complains that their left arm hurts or feels funny take them to the hospital. It's much better to have them tell you that it's nothing than to think it's nothing and lose a loved one to heart trouble. My DH had never had any heart trouble. Not even high blood pressure. Everyone that knows him have said that he was the last person they would have thought of to have this happen to. I Thank God that it is turning out ok. I would hate to think what would have happen if I hadn't taken him to the hospital. Sorry this is so long, but I needed to talk it out.

Georgia

Last edited:
Thank goodness he went to the hospital! I am glad he is doing better..hope he is home soon...Dixie

Thank god he is ok now, and hopefully he will be up and driving you nuts soon! My dad has had 5 stents already! But he is doing great, the good thing is this is a wake up call to eat a little more healthier and put in some more exercise. But what I like about this procedure is it is quick and my dad is the same old self doing crazy things and is healthy as can be! Your DH will be a lot better now!

Back
Top Bottom