8 week old BRAHMA. Roo?

Chick_In_The_Burbs

Songster
9 Years
Jun 26, 2010
Western Washington
Hello everyone! Well, I know I've posted before but this is the critical decider. For those out there who didn't see my earlier post; Tiny is my Light Brahma chick. Tiny was sexed as a pullet and sold from a feed store. S/he has been rather rooish thus far and I don't hold out much hope right now. I'm just looking for confirmation before I start activly looking for a new home for *him*.

Tiny is now just over 8 weeks old. I haven't heard any crowing, but that's about all I can say. Tiny is also my first Brahma ever, so I just don't quite know how to guadge growth/feathering giving what I've heard and read. Anycase, here are the pics.

61589_tiny_head_8wk.jpg

61589_tinystance_8wk.jpg

61589_tinylegs_8wks.jpg

61589_tinyprofile_8wk.jpg

Wow, He/she is much, much darker than my light brahma at that age. The chest feathers on yours look black (with penciling or lacing, whatever the correct term is) wheras mine were white. Maybe its just the angle and what I am seeing are the neck feathers? Could you post a picture with a real tight close-up of the comb? I don't know what they look like cuz no personal experience, but I am wondering if it could be a dark brahma roo? Man, those legs!

I will also tell you that my girls really were (and are) much larger than the other breeds and they were much slower to feather out so you cant go by that. I kept thinking one was roo, but she lays lots of eggies for me. I stressed over nothing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom