Oregon Summer Poultry Swap, Redmond, June 18th

WallTenters

Songster
9 Years
Feb 16, 2010
Sweet Home, OR
2011 OREGON SUMMER POUTRY SWAP

WHEN= June 18th, 2011 - starting around 9:30ish, feel free to show up early or late, will go all afternoon if we can!
WHERE= Redmond, Oregon - Fireman's Lake Park
WHO= All BYC members that can make it, locals will be invited as well!
big_smile.png

Most recent list update, and directions to the park (or just mapquest it, it's pretty easy) on Page 21

1. Food : Hot dogs cooked by my dear honey, + pot luck style lunch foods and sides.
2. Raffle : We will have raffle tickets (free) for all vendors. Everyone is welcome to contribute, please update that with your wants/bringing list!
3. Competition : Attendee-voted "best presentation" - prize.. ?

Last edited:
I'm in! And as long as we avoid 4th of July weekend, any date should work for me. I would say avoid any of the Bend parks, they have some very tight regulations about signs and buying/selling on their property.

Thanks K7, looking forward to it already! And yes, I'd like to avoid that weekend as well, we usually do something with family. What about either June 28th or July 9th? I'd rather not do the swap into August, because that tends to be the hottest month over here and it's unbearable for birds and people.

I will look into places other than the parks - I was thinking the Redmond Expo Center might be nice, but I'm not sure how much they would charge to use their facilities. We'll think of something!
big_smile.png

I think June 28th sounds great as well. What about someplace like Tumalo State Park? Or maybe one of the local feed stores would let us have it there? High Desert Ranch & Home is always chicken-friendly and I'm on a first name basis with everyone there.

I will be there, but right at this moment don't have anything to trade.

I politely request that it not be the same weekend as the Redmond Dog Show.

The fairground in Redmond would be perfect, but I know that they charge the kennel club an arm and a leg to hold the dog show there and they do not allow any outside food to be brought in. You are required to use their vendors, so I am not sure whether a pot luck would be OK or not.

Back
Top Bottom