Memorial Day Weekend Turkey Hatch...We have a hatch!! Pics Heavy

Turkeyrangler

Songster
9 Years
May 9, 2010
By Lake Superior
Maybe this should be in the turkey section, but I'll post it here since I will be adding about 15-20 chicken eggs one week later. I'm thinking I will have between 20 or so turkey eggs by Friday.

heres a pic of the eggs I have so far.

100_2313.jpg

Turkeys are laying pretty good. I'm getting 2-3 eggs per day from 4 hens. I just hatched 6 EE mutt eggs on Easter as a first run. They are doing well.

Last edited:
thanks to everyone for chiming in. My turkeys are domestic eastern wilds and 3/4 DEW/1/4 standard bronze crosses. I have three of each...1 tom and 2 hens of each kind. I think the DEW tom is breeding all of the hens. He doesn't let the 10 month old bronze cross mount any of the hens. I only found 1 egg today, but it is snowing out...yup snowing....
sad.png

here is my DEW tom. He is 3 years old, but one of the hens likes to pick at his beard.

Picture044.jpg

here are some of them in the coop in February

100_2022.jpg

I thought the peafowl were turkeys at first glance
lol.png
They're all gorgeous. We have Bourbon Red poults that are about 2 wks old & I can't wait til they're older & the eggs in the incubator are Standard Bronze. Hope you have a good hatch.

Wish I could send ya'll some of our hot weather
smile.png

My turkeys go to lockdown on May 5. I'm cooking 8 eggs, all Royal Palm tom and Bourbon Red hen. I'm trying to breed my own Golden Phoenix, so I need all the genes from the Royal palm and the red gene from the BR, then I can cross back to Royal Palms, and 1/4 of the offspring might be Golden Phoenix.

Quote:
I just looked at the Golden Phoenix on Porters site. Great looking birds. Now I need to build more breeding pens....
lol.png

Quote:
The Peafowl haven't begun to lay yet, but as soon as they do I'll be incubating them too. I will be amuck in chicks soon I hope. Send the warmth...PLEASE.

Tonight I started the incubator up again to get it to temp. The hatcher is ready as well, but I won't be needing that for a while yet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom