Chick doing a little better!!

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
Yesterday A.M. I picked up my chicks. I ordered 25, one was DOA (I buried her in the chicken pen so she will always be with the rest of the chickens). All the other chicks are very happy and lively, except for Tiny. She was named Tiny today due to the fact that all the other chicks seemed to have plumped up over night but she didn't.

She didn't eat at all yesterday and she only drank when I put her beak in the water. I think she's blind. I've tried everything I can to get her to eat and she just wouldn't do it. She would be standing in feed and wouldn't eat it. Well, I was thinking about putting her down but I can't do it and DH said "there's no way I can put that chick down".

I don't know if she'll survive but I'm trying to help. I made some hard boiled eggs and cut the yolk out. I mixed the yolk with water to make a paste. I then took a medicine thingy (for putting medicine in a cat's mouth) and holding Tiny in a towel force feed her. It worked. When I put her back in the brooder she stopped all the screaming she's been doing since yesterday and laid down to sleep.

I now ask for all of y'all to pray for my beautiful lil Tiny.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I think you are doing a great job! i hope she turns out okay, but if she doesn't (knock on wood) than don't blame yourself, you did what you could.i suggest to keep forse feeding her so she can bring up her energy, if she does that then she will grow and won't be at risk of being travled by the growers
lol.png

I just hate it when a bought chic dies. A little praying for "Tiny" is in order.

Best of luck with the other 23 chics.

Oh most definately a prayer or two will be said for Tiny. I hope you can feel all the love that is being sent your way. We're pulling for Tiny and here for you Southern.

Hi Southern!
I'm so glad you were able to get some food down her!! Try mixing the egg yolk with plain yogurt for added nutrition. I'm praying for Tiny as well, bless her little heart!

Back
Top Bottom