Standard Silkie Eggs 12 +

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
ok here goes! i am now offering standard silkie eggs!! this auction is for 6+ eggs (up to 12) my white standard hens are weighing 6lbs to nearly ten lbs. my biggest hen is as big as my standard cochin roo!!
these are a work in progress, meaning, that even tho these are pure silkie, the comb on some of them may be single and they need some better feathering on their legs. BUT these girls lay better than a regular silkie, i usually get 6 eggs a week from each hen and the eggs are the size of a Rhode island reds! on average each hen goes broody about 2x a year and they can cover 12- 18 eggs!

these girls are just as sweet and mellow as the bantam silkies. i have a buff roo (5lbs) and Blue splash roo (5lbs) in the silkie pen right now
i will start collecting eggs on the 25th, and keep collecting till the 30th for shipping on the 31 early morning. they will be packed very well. we have 100% fertility here, with 95% hatch rate. i cannot gaurentee your perosonal hatch rate due to things out of my control such as the way the post office handles the box and due to incubating variables. i will how ever replace any broken eggs, buyer pays shipping. but you must supply me with a picture of the egg(s) that are broken the day you recieve them. paypal accepted only for this auction

very hardy also here are a few pics:

stdSilkies010.jpg

a white standard silkie next to my biggest bantam hen she weighs about 4 lbs

stdSilkies012.jpg

been working on bettering the comb for a year, its starting to look better

stdSilkies021.jpg

standard silkie egg on the left and bantam on the right

stdSilkies003.jpg

the buff roo we have been using, good comb, the color is off a bit, but has good leg feathering

stdSilkies018.jpg

our new blue splash roo, he is bearded and is awesome all around!!

any questions feel free to ask, happy bidding!

Last edited:
Can i ask what breed you bred with to get bigger size silkies?
I would love to have some bigger silkies.

Last edited:
i have 2nd generation hens from my original hens, then i have a batch of eggs in the bator right now that are silkie/std cochin cross which will help improve type and leg feathering. those chick will then be bred to a pure silkie and everything with non silkie characteristics will be culled/or sold. but as of right now, all my hens are pure silkie, with work only needing done with the combs and better leg feathering. these girls are HUGE lol have one hen now that is broody and sitting on 18 eggs

been getting 9 eggs a day from the standard silkie pen, the last 3 days in a row!! if this continues, who ever gets these will get OVER 1 dozen! possibly more!

got 9 eggs again today! gonna change the title to 12+

edited because i cant change the title!! this WILL be 12 + . i am going to update every day starting tomorrow on how many eggs i add every day!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom