Golden Cuckoo Marans (?) roo - 12 weeks old

OrpingtonManor

Building the Castle
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
Martinez, CA
I used to call this guy "Ugly Roo," but he is getting prettier each week. The coppery color started on his head, and has worked its way down his neck and onto his back. He hatched from a dark medium brown egg. He has been vaccinated for Marek's. He gets along with everyone. it might be fun to see how he turns out. Or, you could have him for dinner. Your choice.

Pick up only. Or, I will deliver, if you bid enough to cover my gas both ways.

Last edited:
Wow, he is very pretty to me! Sure looks like a gold cuckoo marans cockerel that has a single dose of the barring gene. I have one just like him a home and he started the very same way,you should see him now!
wink.png
They get more gold with age and turn out gorgeous!!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for giving me some insight. He was part of a mixed flock test hatch. The lady who sold me the eggs had Marans (among many others), but she didn't say what type. Do Golden Cuckoo Marans have feathered legs? This guy has clean legs, no sign of even light feathering. I wish I could keep him to see how he turns out. He has gotten prettier and prettier. He definitely came from a darker egg, and looked like a Marans chick back in his downy days. I'm hoping someone will want him.

eta - and after looking at some pics of Golden Cuckoo Marans roos, I'd have to say I completely agree with you. Cool! I think I'll change the title of the post.

Last edited:
Good to know! ...and in the last few days, the coppery/gold color is starting to creep all the way down his back, and is now coming out in his new saddle feathers.

Somebody, please, take this interesting roo! I think he will not disappoint you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom