Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
We're excited to announce our support of the new Purina Rule the Roost Sweepstakes! You'll notice some new sponsor banners over the next month and a half while we help get the word out.

Show your support of our sponsor Purina by supporting their Sweepstakes!!

Here’s your chance to give your chickens a complete makeover. Enter the Purina Rule the Roost Sweepstakes today and you could have a chance to win these great prizes! Plus, you’ll receive a $3.00 Off coupon for Layena
00ae.png
Plus Omega-3 just for entering

Grand Prize (1): ARV $3,100
• A Horizon Structures
00ae.png
coop for 12 birds
• A year’s supply of Purina
00ae.png
Layena
00ae.png
Plus Omega-3 provided by Purina (28 bags)
• A flock of 10 hens and 2 roosters from P. Allen Smith

First Prize (3) ARV $40
• A signed book P. Allen Smith’s Seasonal Recipes from the Garden
• A FREE bag of Purina
00ae.png
Layena
00ae.png
Plus Omega-3

Click to enter:
http://apps.facebook.com/rule-the-roost/contests/131129

Yes, is there any other way to enter besides Facebook? I'd rather it not access all my personal info in order to enter.

I use Facebook, but lock it down very tightly to prevent identity theft and random grabbing of information about me and my friends.

It truly angers me when companies think they're doing us a big favor by being "social network friendly". I DON'T want to enable Purina (or anybody else) to rifle through my Facebook account, pulling names, addresses, phone numbers, habits, likes/dislikes, and lists of my friends JUST so I can enter a sweepstakes, play a game, or respond to an advertisement. There's no guarantee what will be done with this surfeit of data, and frankly, I don't want it available and out of my control anymore than it already is.

So no, I did not allow Purina to access my account and no, I probably won't be able to enter this sweepstakes if that's a requirement.

Thanks

This just in......
I posted a question about alternative method of entry on the PurinaPoultry Facebook page, and yes, there is a way to enter without giving all that Facebook data away. You have to "like" both Purina Poultry and Chicken Chat. Here is the URL of the alternative entry form: http://wildfireapp.com/website/1878/contests/131129/entries/new?amoe_token=1311193787-bcd01f.
It's at the very bottom of the Official Rules page.

I really appreciate Purina's providing this, although it took a bit of digging and link-clicking to find it. It is NOT evident. BTW, Purina's 2007 "privacy policy" allows them to give away collected data to like-minded businesses (this is not unusual), but they claim to not ever sell it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom