We Need YOU To Be Judges For Our Chicken Coop Page Contest!

Nifty-Chicken

Administrator
BYC Staff
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
--- WORK COMPLETED - Great Job Everybody!!! ---

We need your help in rating and ranking coops for the current Coop contests!

thumbsup.gif

We have over 375 coops that need to be judged in our contest!!! We're using a great service that will allow all our members to work together to rate and organize our TONS of great new BYC Coop submissions.

We're rating coop pages based on how HELPFUL they are, not how nice the finished coop looks!

Here is what you need to do:

1) Click on the link (JOB ALL DONE) . (it will take you to a site called crowdflower)
2) Enter your email address (this is just to make sure you don't get the same page more than once)
3) You'll be given a page with a handful of links to coop (about 4).
4) Rank the coop on a scale of 1 - 5 as stated in the instructions (5 being the best page... great pics and information)
5) Determine the size of the coop (1 = tractor, 2 = small, 3 = medium, 4 = large)
6) You'll see the number of "Assignments" you've completed at the top left of the page after you click "submit task". Each "assignment" is 4 coop ratings.

Once we get enough votes the crowdflower system will tell you that the job / project is completed!

Any problems or questions, post them here!

Good luck and have fun!!

celebrate.gif

Quote:
Thanks for running this contest! It is fun!

Here are 3 questions I have:
1) In the coop contest I recently entered, it only had...OK, my math is probably off, but it seemed like 130 entries or so. So when you said 375 coops, does that include those coops already on the coop page and not just this new contest coop entries?

2) You want us to judge how helpful they are, which is relative to the judger's experience. Those experienced in building wouldn't find the same amount of detail as useful as someone who has only ever driven *past* Lowe's or Home Depot. So, does more detail always = higher score? That is also relative, because the more I judged, the more I understood how much detail folks are including. So, it was a great idea to have 4 coops per "assignment" to let us go back and switch out a score as we see different coops.

3) How can we judge those coops built from a pre-made shed or plastic building? They were modified, somehow, but not the same explanation/design/etc. offered by those built from scratch.

Thanks!

Last edited:
DazeGoneBy, great questions!

1) Yup, we had about 130 official entries to the contest. We also have another 240 coop pages that have been created over the years and never submitted to be in our coops index. These aren't technically part of the "contest" and won't be competing against the "official entries" but we'd like to have them rated and sized so we can add them to the coops index.

2) Yup, we know there will be a bit of subjectivity in regards to what is "helpful". Fortunately we have more than one person rate each coop and then we review the results to verify the accuracy of the results. So far every time we've done this, the results have been amazingly spot-on!

3) Similar to the above, it will be subjective and we rely on the average ratings of multiple people to determine what they feel is "helpful". Yes, it is totally subjective, but we're okay with that because it will be relatively representative of the same people who will be looking for like information.

Back
Top Bottom