12+ Paint Silkie eggs - Catdance Silkies

kelar

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
yacolt
The hens in this pen are starting to lay again and since I am out of room and done hatching for a while, I'm offering these to my fellow BYC members. I will send at least 12 eggs plus any extras that are laid prior to shipping on Monday, November 7th. Because breeders are reporting better skin melanization and less pigment holes when crossed with recessive white, I've put this cockerel with some of my nicest white pullets, including the reserve champion pullet at this year's western nationals. The cockerel was purchased from Deb Steinberg at Fawke's Feathers and I think he is just gorgeous. He has very dark skin and comb, dark eyes and beautiful paint splashes all over. Please be aware that not much is known about the genetics of paints - some chicks should be paint and some will be other colors. So far, I've gotten paints, partridge, a buff with spots (red paint?) & blacks. I believe that statistically, 25% of the chicks should be paint, but I certainly can't guarantee any color outcome at this point. It is unknown if solid colored chicks from paint breedings carry a gene for paint. I've posted a few pics of the chicks below. These are just babies at this point so I'm still waiting to see how they grow out, but they ALL have perfect feet, dark skin and dark eyes.

My flock is NPIP certified and AI tested clean. I pack my eggs with great care in order to get them to you in the best possible condition, but unfortunately, cannot guarantee your hatching success. There are just too many things that are out of my control once I hand them over to USPS. However, check my feedback - my customers have had great success with their eggs and the resulting offspring.

Payment via paypal is due at auction's end to [email protected]. PLEASE be sure to pm me with your shipping address (it does not always show up with the paypal notice) and a phone no. if you want it on the box for pickup at the post office when your box arrives.

You can see more of my silkies on my website at http://www.catdancesilkies.com. I rarely get a chance to get it updated so please contact me if you are looking for something specific.

Dad:

Babies:

I call these little imps the "not ready for prime time players" Paints take a while to grow into the beautiful little silkies they will be

Can you find the paints in this bundle of silkiness? (Looks like a good jigsaw puzzle to me:)

WHY must you tempt me!
droolin.gif

We have Catdance chicks hatching as I type this.
ya.gif

I want, I want, I want- but I would probably hatch all partridges
barnie.gif
That seems to be my destination with silkies
lau.gif
lau.gif
The babies are gorgeous, I was so excited to finally see pics of them.
love.gif

I want, I want, I want- but I would probably hatch all partridges
barnie.gif
That seems to be my destination with silkies
lau.gif
lau.gif
The babies are gorgeous, I was so excited to finally see pics of them.
love.gif

Quote:
That means your bator needs more . . . !!!
lau.gif

Enablers, their all over this place!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom