Anyone have a Guinea/Chicken cross???

a guinea cannot breed a chicken with success.
a chicken can breed a guinea though.
offspring have a low hatch rate,
and have trouble surviving.
And are sterile.
My maren is setting on possibly guin eggs.
wink.png

I don't know about you, but I find this bird kinda neat:

As chick:
GuineaChickHybrid.jpg

As a 2 yr old:
Guineahybrid.jpg

This is a guinhen that a friend of mine hatched from her flock, this hens father was a Salmon Faverolle and the mom was either a pearl or a buff dundotte guinea hen.
She had a flock of about 70 guineas and 50 or so Faverolles all sharing the same pasture. Then she filled her incubator with guinea eggs and when they all started hatching there was this 1 weird coloured chick with fluffy cheeks and little feathery feet. I told her that was a guinhen, but she did not believe me until it was grown.

Yep that one is a cutie. The ones I was referring to were on Feathersite.com, and was a Naked Neck/Guinea X, and it looked like a turkey buzzard, lol

Quote:
I've heard this before, but never saw any explanation as to why.. Is it due to the anatomy or genetics or ?? Very curious about this, especially now that someone saw a guinea breeding a chicken..

Oh does anybody know if peafowl and chickens can breed? I know someone who has a peacock that breeds her hens quite frequently(pics even!).. I know about peacock x guinea hybrids, just never heard anything about chicken crosses..

Back
Top Bottom