Anyone from MISSOURI ? ? ?

(maybe around hannibal
roll.png
? ? ?)

Missourians,

Come buy my birds!

Turkey Creek Feed Store

Saturday July 5th

20th street 3 1/2 miles east of Rangeline Road in Joplin, Mo.

7 - noon

I have cochin chicks and baby turkeys.

Come see me!

Jason

Good evening folks from Southwest Missouri. Hope all is well. I pray your larders are stocked and barns full of hay. It was a beautiful day here on our little piece of heaven. I took my three year old daughter on a walk down our long driveway and she wanted to run back, so we did. Our hay is freshly cut and we had run a test windrow to find the grass still too green underneath, so we will bale it tomorrow. I love the smell of fresh cut hay, It takes me back to when I was a kid and we would work in the hay field all day and mom would bring us lunch and sun tea. We would drink out of canning jars and sit under a big elm tree.

When we got home from our walk, our chickens and turkeys stood at the ready for us to drop fresh clover in their runs(our nightly ritual). Yesterday, my kids went to the creek and caught a bunch of crawdads. They fed them to the chickens. I think my poultry is cajun. They loved them.

Good night and God bless.

Hello fellow chicken fans. I was born in Missouri but we moved to Michigan when I was a year old. We would visit Missouri often when I was a kid and then I was a drill sergeant at Fort Leonard Wood back in the late sixties. The Ozarks have always been dear to my heart. Now two of my sons live in southwest Missouri. Next month I will be bringing my mother down to visit several aunts, uncles and cousins. Looking forward to visiting even though Missouri is substantially warmer than Michigan. Wishing all of you nests full of eggs and predator proof coops. Sam

pdsavage - that is close! I live in braymer, work at the po in chilli. I work w/a lady from hale, a guy from the tina avalon area and have an aunt and uncle near blue mound! Enjoyed your site too! chris.............

Back
Top Bottom