please evryone read

WESTPALMPOULTRYMAN15

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 30, 2007
WPB FLORIDA
hi ive been with the forum for a while my to cut the stirie short my hens have not lade any eggs in 5 weeks and 3 days this is not normal i know but what could it be i havent changed the tipe of feed they get and all i did was take the nest box out 3 weeks ago and i know they hate change but they should have got acustom by now i dont know and im loosing profet becase all my nambers love fresh eggs and i sell em for 4:50 a dozen i was rackin in 7 eggs a week and i have 4 hens thanks and please i hope lots respond

is it hot where u live? sometimes they will stop laying while the heat is around.. also stress. lthey hate change... mine got the nest box moved a ferw feet and i didnt get any eggs for like a few days... hmmmm.... thats wierd. give them calcium and layer feed .

I feel a little confused. First, why did you take their nest boxes? They would probably like to have them back! Second, if you only get (normally) 7 eggs a week, HOW are you selling them?

apparently rain affects laying too (some one correct me if I'm wrong!). my organic farmer friend said that hers have gone from 20dz/week to 1dz/week b/c the onslaught of rain we've had.

You are on the southern east coast of the state...the barometric pressure fluctuations and temperature this time of year will cause them to go off laying. I grew up just north of there and our hens would do the same every now and again during hurricane season. The storms can really affect them too.

Give them time and let Fey and the other tropical stuff move off and they should hop back to laying. How old are they?

Last edited:
This is happening to me too! My 2 RIR's both stopped about 2 months ago and they are 1 1/2 yrs old. I am so so sad...I was trying to convince myself they were molting but I don't think so. My husband wants to eat them....not Red and Pancake!!!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom