Rooster or Pullet? I have no clue.

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I just got my hens and pullets on Sunday. I'm not for certain all of my pullets are actually female...what do you think?

Buff Laced Polish, I think she said the Polish were 8 weeks old.

359498212_9LRp7-S.jpg

This bird is the leader of the flock of pullets. (The hens are separate for now) It stands up on the roost and surveys everyone, then it hops down and pecks those it has decided deserve punishment. It also takes the food scraps first and dictates who gets to eat what. I'm not sure if it's a rooster or not, but it's head feathers look different than the other Polish I have. It's also larger.

Same bird...

359516939_5sjrK-S.jpg

358176052_Ev6En-S.jpg

This one I bought as a Polish, but it has five toes and we think it is actually a Houdan. I have no idea if it looks rooster-ish or not, what do you think? It has a very strong personality similar to the Polish bird.

359516285_bwNdr-M.jpg

This bird was an unknown breed or a mix, but it looks like a Columbian Brahma...? This is my favorite chickie, its so sweet!

359504189_Avupc-S.jpg

359503571_KYdug-S.jpg

358177959_tXoM2-S.jpg

It has feathered feet, can you see them? I want more birds like this one!

If I have roosters I have to rehome them ASAP because they are in my backyard in the city.
sad.png

This bird belongs to TubbyChicken...we got our birds together from the same places.

Roo or not?

358171868_ffZjX-S.jpg

358173443_Vwz2E-S.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Quote:
Ya, its the comb/wattles that got me. I had one I was convinced was a hen even though it had small comb/wattles, but it ended up being a roo. My polish hens either don't have a comb or it comes in right before laying.

Back
Top Bottom