Two Of My Teen Daughters (15,14) Bringing Home Babies Today: UPDATE!

bluey

thootp veteran
11 Years
Apr 10, 2008
Washington, PA
okay...so the title is a little disingenuous...

They are actually in the same class where they bring home "fake" doll babies that cry and need cared for... for their class project. Ya know, to teach them about how "pregnancy at a young age" would affect their lives....

The problem is that there is a high school football game tonight and the 15 year old has a boy she likes coming to the game and the 14 year old is on the color guard squad. Which means my 13 and 11 year old daughters will be "babysitting" at some point, which will probably mean that my wife and I will be asked to care for doll babies.

I'm planning on being difficult and making this a real "learning" experience in my own special way. When they asked me if I would help this weekend, I asked what would happen if grandpa "spanked" the baby...

"Nooooooo....don't do that Dad! The abuse light will go off and we'll fail!"

"Well, then I would just say...Grandpa can't be trusted"...lol......

As if it wasn't crazy enough in a house full of 5 women,....we're going to have crying babies!!! It should be fun and educational!

Pray for me! :eek: Those babies may end up sleeping with the chickens in the coop
wink.png

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to take a Dad's weekend away. LOL

If the dolls don't get the message through I will glady loan out my 5 year old. He's enough to make anyone of any age think twice.
lol.png
lol.png

Last edited:
Did ya'll watch the show "The Baby Borrowers"? It was hysterical. And all of the kids that participated in the show decided to wait on having families
lau.gif

They went from "I am soooo ready" to "I think I'll wait a while" in a single season. We watched it as a family and really enjoyed it.

I teach at a hs and these "babies" are a great learning experience. Although our babies dont get sent home for the whole weekend, one night is usually enough! The babies can be programmed to be fussy or good. they can also re-enact the behavior of a "Crack" baby and you better hope she doesnt bring home that one! this is a lesson in responsibility, dont bail your girls out!!!

Quote:
Believe me...that's one thing nobody has to worry about...me bailing them out!

I plan on maximizing their lesson by being as non-helpful as possible....I'm very good at that...
lau.gif

wegot: I'll have to check that show out, I haven't seen it....

Easter: that's one of the times in life where failing was a good thing...
thumbsup.gif

aussie: I will take your 5 year old under heavy consideration if these "babies" don't work... does he "work" hourly or do I have to pay him per day?...
lau.gif

UPDATE!!!!

I just got a text message from the 15 year old....

and this is exact verbatim....
duc.gif
"I hate this stupid baby!"

...oh this weekend is gonna be priceless....
gig.gif

What a great lesson. All the starry eyed ideas of "having someone to love me" and I will be so special, will get trashed.

Oh, and if I can add....the 15 year old daughter is meeting up with a.....

"SENIOR....
love.gif
.....oh,...he's a senior......" that's what we've been getting all week...

so, this lesson couldn't have come at a better time....

my other lesson is that if they start seeing each other, he will be over the house to dig his own 6 foot hole on the property... my pre-requisite for dating any of my daughters...

just in case he mistreats them and I have to SSS (shot, shovel, shut up) the BF....

Back
Top Bottom