Olive Eggers? wanted in WI

chickeypoo

The Enabler
15 Years
Feb 4, 2007
Wisconsin
I remember on the old BYC someone was selling these awesome green/brown eggs. I can't remember what they were but i believe he said Marans..but it could have been Welsummers.. Ugh i don't remember. but they were mixed with the EE's or something.. yeah i know.. im not much help but if anyone can help me out. I wanted to get some of those kinds of eggs so i can hatch them out and get some of those awesome colors myself:)
Thanks much
Sue

Someone was breeding the olive egg laying hens to marans to get a darker olive green.

I have olive green eggs but they are laid by my EE. I am thinking of crossing her with my welsummer rooster to see if the offspring lays even a darker olive, although most of them are pretty dark olive green as they are.

Here is a photo of my olive eggs. The two on the right. Funny thing is she lays olive eggs but sometimes she lays a speckled olive green egg. It is the coolest thing ever. We call those her camo eggs.

eggs3.jpg

Last edited:
To get my olive egger I crossed my blue ameraucana rooster w/ a wheaten pendesenca. My wheaten lays a 4 or 5 on the color chart. The babies look just like an ameraucana, but their tails are shaped like a pendesenca. I PM'd you some additional info.

DSCF3027.jpg

Last edited:
i have one chicken that lays eggs that are a sky blue, and one that is a bit lighter, and i think i have a greenish one as well. Do you have pics of your offspring, Heidi?

Sue

Here is a pic of my olive egger, Skitzo. She's the black one. The wheaten in front is her mother, Poppy.
DSCF3090.jpg

Here's another pic of the eggs. Poppy's is the dark brown one and Skitzo's is the one directly behind it.
DSCF3092.jpg

I don't have a pic of the blue olive egger I hatched - I'm trying to get one from Wynette.

Here is my Olive Egger that I got from Heidi, by her Blue Ameraucana roo over a Wheaten Penedesenca hen - she's just GORGEOUS, IMO, and an excellent layer:

Princessoutside.jpg

And here is a carton of eggs with four of hers in it:

2009cartonofeggs.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if I am even in the right forum, but I am looking for more guinea hens and peachicks/peacocks. If anyone has any for sale, I would be very interested in purchasing them. Please contact me at [email protected].

A quick comment on the colored eggs.... I have an Ameracauna hen and a Sumatra rooster who recently hatched a nest of pale blue eggs. The chicks are all different colors (cream/black, grey, black, etc.). I am curious to see what they will look like in a few more weeks!

Back
Top Bottom