Can you all show me your breeder pens and houses???????

We went with a little bit bigger set up. We have a I think its 9x14 coop.....4 seperate pens, and runs.
P1010380.jpg

This is a pic during construction...

CoopSept07.jpg

I need to get some better pics of the finished coop and runs.
This summer, we are planning another coop...24 x 30. It will have 4 pens and seperate runs.

Yes, I have my Saipans in one right now. I do have a large pen for some extra exercise too though. Here are a couple more of my pens.
pen2.jpg

022.jpg

breederpens026.jpg

breederpens035.jpg

breederpens030.jpg

breederpens028.jpg

here is my breeder pens, top cages are used for broody hens after hatch,,
the bottom pens all have out side runs,
we have an end pen that is a brooder only,,when we hatch chicks we place them in there,,,
oh and we havent got our boxes in yet,,,as you can see with eggs on floor,,,most of the roosts are in,

Last edited:
Here are some of our breeder pens that we built out of jet-ski shipping crates we got for free.

This one is 8 feet across the front and 10 feet 6 inches deep
IM000849.jpg

This is 4 feet deep and 10 ft. 6 inches long. We made it into 3 pens for bantams.
IM000852.jpg

This is made just like the one above, but instead of 3 pens, it is 1, 10 feet 6 inches x 4 feet, for Standard chickens.
IM000817.jpg

There is a 4 foot "coop" at the back of each one with roosts. In extreme cold or when growing chicks out, I hang a tarp or something in order to be able to hang a heat lamp between the run and coop part.

If we were to make these again, I wouldn't change anything except to make them tall enough to walk into. They are 4 feet tall.

Jean

Back
Top Bottom