What is your favorite macaroni and cheese recipe

I boil my elbow noodles, till their fat, drain. Add some milk, salt, and velveeta....keep stirring....keep the heat low to medium. I adjust the cheese to my taste. Oh and I add just a dash of mustard. Butter.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Boil 6 cups of water (add salt if wanted) add macaroni cook 7 to 8 minutes Till Macaroni is tender. Stir Occasionally.

2. Drain do not rinse return to pan.

3. add 4 Tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup milk and then add the cheese sauce mix, mix well.

Its the cheesieest says so right on the front of the box and my kids think its best too.

Best part is you can get all different kinds of shapes. I like the swirls myself, but Scooby Doo shapes are a close second.

cooked macaroni
butter
milk
slices of deluxe american cheese(not the individual wrapped kind)

Don' t really know exact amounts, I just do it to look and taste.

My kids like it better than the blue box.

I love my grandmothers with tons of sharp cheese layered and baked but with this one i have achieved a similar taste with out all the fat and calories

Better for you mac and cheese (with sausage)

1 lb package lg. egg noodles, cooked al dente and drained
2 Tbsp margarine
2Tbsp flour (whole wheat?)
1 C. reduced fat chicken stock
1 can evaporated skim milk
6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (reduced fat will not work)
1 Tbsp chives
pepper to taste

to make it a meal add-
4 Turkey sausage links, cooked and sliced
1 cup frozen peas

melt margarine in sauce pan, add flour and Wisk into a paste, add stock slowly, mix till combined and thinner, add evaporated milk and cheese, stir continuously with a Wisk till thick and smooth, add chives and pepper. Add sausage, peas and noodles, place into a greased cake size pan and place into a 350* oven till warmed thru.

This is my favorite I make it at least once or twice a week. It's also very heathly for you.

Mac 'n Cheese
(makes 4)

1 package pasta, cooked
(you'll probably have leftover pasta depending on what type you use -- this only used about 1/2 of the total amount of fusilli)

2 tbs. soy margarine (earth balance is the best)
2 tbs. AP flour
1 cup of plain soy/rice milk (or even "better than milk")
1 tsp. salt
1 tbs. nutritional yeast

4oz soy cheese, shredded (about half a block)

Melt the soy margarine, add the flour and make a roux. Cook for 2-3 minutes until it bubbles and turns a nice golden color. Add the soy milk slowly, whisking quickly to avoid lumps. Continue to whisk until the mixture thickens. Add salt and nutritional yeast and whisk to incorporate.

Add the shredded soy cheese, stir until melted, add pasta to combine.

Check for seasoning.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom