What is your favorite macaroni and cheese recipe

Wow some of you make a real complex M/C. Here is my simple version that I made last night as a side dish.

In a pot of boiling water I use med shells add a little oil and salt to water.

Then I cut up velvetta, med cheddar and swiss. The velvetta makes the best creamy cheese. Use your own amounts of each. I use velvetta as base and the others are equal amounts in smaller portion.

Once pasta is cook it is drained in a collander. Pot goes back on stove over med heat and cheese is add with out pasta to melt. I add a little milk after it starts to melt. Cheddar takes the longest to melt so make sure you stir and keep a eye on how much luqid there is you dont want it dry. Once cheese is melted add pasta and mix/stir to all is coated. You might have to ad a bit more milk but it will cook off after cheese is all over pasta. Milk can be used to make it thin or thick depending on how much is left in M/C when served. I have added bacon to this also which is put in when cheese is melting. It takes about 20 mins total to make this. Also any pasta can be used it is what you prefer. This makes a good base for many types od mac including baked. On baked I change the portions of cheese to more cheddar and swiss less velvetta and layer it in dish then bake it.

My hubby is a real bad BIG mouse or is that rat. LOL

Here's my recipe - It's not a recipe that needs baking (although you can if you want) so it's just as quick as making "the blue box." My son and his friends like it so much that when I offer to make them Mac & Cheese they always ask "box or homemade?" and if it's boxed they turn it down!
lol.png
I also add veggies to it a lot of the time (broccoli, carrots, peas, cauliflower - what ever I have around)

Quick & Easy Mac & Cheese
1 lb. small noodles (shells, elbows - whatever shape you want)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
4 cups (1 lb.) shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmessean cheese
2 Tbls. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. paprika
salt and pepper to taste.

Cook your noodles per the package instructions. While they are cooking, shred cheese and mix cornstarch, dry mustard, paprika, salt and pepper into cheese.
When noodles are done, drain well. Add butter to pan and melt, then add milk. Let it warm a bit, then add cheese mixture. Stir until cheese is melted, then add noodles. Mix it all up and serve! Dinner in less than 30 minutes!
Enjoy.

Here is old fashiioned Mac and Cheese and it always eaten up with request to make more
1 8 oz pkg elbow macaroni
5 to 7 cups of 2% milk
3 1/2 pkg grated sharp cheddar cheese
8 eggs beaten
2 teaspoon salt
pepper to taste

Cook macaroni and drain. Do not overcook
In a large bowl mix salt , 3 pkg cheese, and macaroni
Spray a large baking dish with pam, I like to use a deep dish. Pour in Mac and cheese. Mix milk and eggs together and pour over top of mac and cheese . Make sure it is covered. You can add more milk if nessecary. Preheat oven to 450 and bake for 30 min. Let set 30 min after baking.

OMG! So many great recipes! I made the one posted by banter and it was AMAZING! I've never made home made mac' n cheese, it was so simple and so tasty! The only things I changed were that I used whole wheat pasta and made a special bread crumb topping that worked great on this already wonderful recipe! Heres the recipe for the bread crumb topping

3/4 cup bread crumbs

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 1/2 tsp. dry basil

1/8 tsp salt

1/4 cup extra vigin olive oil

Mix the ingrediants together, pour on top of macaroni and cheese, bake and enjoy!

I'm bumping this up as there has been a new thread started and just wanted to let these recipes be used again and i dont' know how to get it copied and pasted in the new thread.

Blender Mac and Cheese

4 Cups Milk
4 Tbls Flour
4 Tbls Butter
1 tsp Dry Mustard
1 Tbls Paprika (optional)
Salt and Pepper
Tabasco Sauce- 4 dashs or so - this makes the cheese taste cheesier
1 Pound Extra Sharp Cheddar
1 Pound Elbow Macaroni

Cook the elbow macaroni. Heat the milk and butter in a large saucepan until it is hot but not simmering. While the milk is heating, cube your cheddar (about 1 inch cubes) and place it in a blender with the flour, dry mustard, salt, pepper, and tabasco. Once the milk mixture is hot, pour enough into the blender to cover the cheese (if you have a small blender you may need to do this in batches). Once blended to a liquid pour it back into the saucepan and heat just until it boils. Then pour it over the macaroni in a 9x13 pan. Put whatever crumbs on top that you prefer (I like Ritz crackers) and bake for about 30 minutes at 350.

This is the mac and cheese my mom made when I was growing up and I love it. It's the ultimate comfort food.

Using the blender makes it easy to use real cheddar and not worry about the cheese separating and becoming oily.

Back
Top Bottom