Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
hit.gif

That is so sad! We let all the birds out to free range for the first time today and I was going crazy worrying about the ducks going out into the little creek/pond that we have on the side yard back out in the woods! I dont know what's in there and I havent cleared out that part of the property yet! Thankfully they all stayed close and enjoyed yummy bugs and fresh grass!

Seeing all the pictures of Chickenstock! Looks like everyone had a great time! Wish I could have gone.... next time I'll be there!

DH and I had a great time too.
Brianna, you were asking about the new coop. Last night we had to finish putting hardware cloth in the eves so the coons would not be able to get in to the new babies we brought home. The inside is done except for nest boxes and roosts. The outside still needs to be done.
Here is a pic of what we had to work with, keep in mind that this used to be a bedroom 21 years ago. Then it was used as a shed for the last 13 years.
27698_100_2799.jpg

27698_100_2802.jpg

Now here is a pic of the inside, it has three "rooms". The main area, a breeder/brooder area and a storage area for feed and such.

27698_100_2902.jpg

Good Evening!

I have driven 520 since yesterday morning! I don't know how truck drivers do it. I had to drive Gretchen and 6 other kids to Luther MI to church camp today. The pastor's directions to me to Clare than west. Seemed like forever getting there! I took 131 home and it went much faster
smile.png

Now off to bed. I am tired from sitting all day.

Sarah

Good Morning all!

My little ducks spent their first night outside last night- their choice, not mine.
tongue.png
I rigged a heat lamp for the buggers because they had NO desire for me to catch them and bring them inside. They are all under the lamp this morning. At least they are smart.

I put our Chickenstock frizzle in the coop THREE times and all three times she came out the pop-hole and followed me around, making little crying chicken noises. Then she camped out on my foot. I handed her to Tiffany and told her to hold her for awhile. As of this morning, Frizzle chicken properly named Baby, is sleeping on a stuffed animal on the corner of Tiffanys bed.
smile.png
None of us are normal. lol.

What a great weekend. But now its back to work.

Sam,
I have been telling my husband all about your chicken and how good it was. In fact, all the food- he is definitely coming next year.
smile.png

Morning......we kinda need the rain, things were getting dry.

So bummed out that I was so late getting to chickenstock.... I tried really hard to get there.... I hate those days when it seems everything is working against me! Glad I got to at least meet Opa and see Cayce again. Hopefully next year I'll be able to make it with better timing.

Silly Chicken, I too wish you had been able to enjoy the entire event. I think it came off rather well and it certainly was enjoyable getting to meet so many of you. I still find it hard to believe that I arrived with a couple of dozen eggs and 32 chicks and went home with none. Miracles do happen.

Good morning, coffee is on and I am officially NOT working. Layed off and hoping to still have a job in September. Better than getting wacked all together I guess. My daughter had a great time at the Asparagus parade on Saturday(first pic front left). Our 4H float was a big hit and a lot of fun to get it all together. Sorry we missed out on what looks like was a GRAND BYC DAY. I am drooling over the true Ameracaunas that were there. Anyway, here are a couple of float pics just for laughs.
40537_2010parade_4.jpg

40537_2010parade_3.jpg

40537_2010parade_2.jpg

Quote:
Oh thats just terrible to hear! Darn those snapping turtles! Perhaps you could trap it and relocate it? I HATE having those things around as I'm afraid they're going to take of my 2 year olds toes! We relocate all the ones we find in our pond.

hugs.gif
Good luck! That sounds like a beautiful set up and would be so neat to keep if you could get rid of that darn turtle!

Quote:
Who me??? It ws such a pleasure meeting you and hubby. Kristin and I really enjoyed your company and are so very happy the chicks got a good home. Krisstin wants to see your place, so we might be coming by on a weekend to pick up the pet taxi! It was a great day...enjoyed meeting some new friends, and visiting with old friends.

Hey Rose, would LOVE to have you and Krisstin come for a visit! Buttercup and his gal pal have their own pen (for the time being) and they seem very very happy together!
smile.png

I know we're free this Fri/Sat and the following Fri/Sat and I think we'll be home the wknd of the 4th! Come on over!

Hey guys,
Just figured I would see if anyone wants them, I have some 5-6 week old speckeled sussex roosters that I don't have need or room for. They are starting to peck at each others feathers. If anyone wants them they are free. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom