Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sad we missed Chickenstock, we drove by the park, but the day was packed and we didn't have time to stop. It looks like everyone had a great time!

We had a turkey poult decide to enter the world a little early and hatch on Saturday Morning rather than waiting until Sunday evening when he was "due". He's doing well but now I'm in a predicament. There are three other chicks that have hatched, a fourth pipped overnight but there are 11 other eggs in there. I'll need to get him out tonight or tomorrow morning, but hate to open the bator.
barnie.gif

Hi, everyone. It looks like chicken stock was great and I hope to make it next year but I was at cub scout camp with the kids this weekend and had a blast there, so life is good. I'm on my way to court for my chickens this afternoon. Just a pre-trial today. Gotta tell them who my witnesses are and that kind of good stuff. For those who don't know I've had the birds since 2002 when I went to the county and was told it was legal and now in the last few months have been told they are illegal and have been fined $500. Anyway, if anyone can spare a few seconds to send good chicken vibes this way I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks.

It was really nice to meet you all on Saturday. Kelly and I enjoyed being there . I will say that I amnot sure if we will be attending any more of these because our flock grew by 6. We brought a cockeral for Hillbilly Hen and after our crate was empty Kelly decided that she wanted some new birds. That was not the plan!!!!

Really was fun and it is great to be able to put a face to the names.

A good time was held by all that attended. But, I need to correct you all. This was actually our 3rd chickenstock. Our first was held at the Potterville Park. Chick-n-Antics was there with her hubby. Frankenchick, Krisrose and I were there and a couple of others, I believe. It was small, but a start into our currant get togethers! So, get it straight, people!
roll.png
smack.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
Foundering members, hmmm. And look at what you have found. An old guy with a droopy mustache and a smoker.

Last edited:
Quote:
I thought you were there, but wasn't positive.
Steve, we miss you. Wish you would show yourself more often. How's it going? Been busy?

Quote:
Foundering members, hmmm. And look at what you have found. An old guy with a droopy mustache and a smoker.

Oh but what would we ever do with out you Sam? You are our rock!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yeah, been busy which is a good thing. Kinda got burned out on forums, gave up being a moderator at the tractor forum, just too much time on the keyboard when I should have be working.

Judy had back surgery and I had 2 hernia surgeries, but we are back at it again and feeling better.....I even lost 25-30 lbs.

Increased the flock to 40 layers and buy two batches of meat birds (spring and fall) Put in a bigger garden this year and about a acre of sweet corn......got the greenhouse up and working good.......and still doing my real job which really has been booming these last couple of years.....Thank God!

And of course loving all the time with those grandkids. Glad they live so close and visit often.

Guess I better check in more often, probably missed out on a lot.

Quote:
GOOD CHICKEN VIBES COMING YOUR WAY!!!! Good Luck to you!
thumbsup.gif

Look out!!! Incoming CHICKEN VIBES!!!
And bad VooDoo JuJu at fools who fined you!!
somad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom