A VERY economical feed + more organic soy free FREE SH!

GiddyMoon

Songster
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I am sure this has been put up but I have been reading for days and only found one small statement about this. If I didn't know what to search for, I would have never found it. I have been looking for something like this for a long time.

The place is called Azure Standard

They are an organic, bulk, natural food co op that delivers to a drop off point for FREE that carries poultry feed and more. The minimum order is only $50. I called them and found a drop of point only 20 minutes from me. They have soy and corn free feed under $30 for $50..locally or thru any other mail order I would have paid double this. They have sprouting seeds for salad bars, alfalfa pellets, bulk chicken wheat is like $10 for 50, locally I would pay almost 20.

They have organic starter and layer feed HALF of what I would pay here locally.

I went on a dream shopping trip and added everything I wanted which was tons of grains to mix my own feed, organic seeds, sprout seeds, plants, organic cucumber plants 6 for $3.10...yogurt, all kinds of stuff and I couldn't even reach $200.

If you are having trouble finding sources in your town, which many of us are...make a free account at Azure..call them to find a drop off site in your area..you can also be a drop off point..they will put you in touch with the person, call them..and they will explain the rest.

I cannot believe how thrilled I was to find this info and they have so much great stuff...of course not everything is cheaper than maybe what you can get it for..but with gas so high and free shipping..PLUS a $50 minimum instead of many places which can be in the hundreds..I found this place to be awesome.

Here are some examples of what I found:

Alfalfa Pellets 40 lbs. $12.90

Bulk Diatomaceous Earth 50 lbs. $17.75

Redmond's Mineral Conditioner 50 lbs. $10.95

Yogourmet Kefir Culture Starter 30 grams 1 pk. $5.70

Rogue Feed Chicken Starter Crumbles, Organic 40 lbs. $21.05

Straus Family Creamery Yogurt, Vanilla, Whole Milk, Organic 32 ozs. $3.95

Bulk Peas Green, Whole 25 lbs. $8.75

Bulk Chicken Wheat, Organic 50 lbs. $14.20

Sarah's Starts Zucchini & Summer Squash Pack 4 pk. $2.85

Sarah's Starts Gold Medal Tomato, Organic 4" pot $2.85

Sarah's Starts Cucumber Variety Pack 6 pk $3.10

Sarah's Starts Cilantro, Organic 4" pot $2.85

Heirlooms Evermore Winter Thyme Seeds 1000 seeds $1.65

Marvel of 4 Seasons Lettuce Seeds 1,000 seeds $1.65

Bulk Chia Seeds, Whole, White 1 lb. $4.85

Bulk Broccoli Seeds 1 lb. $7.60

Bulk Sprouting Seed Mix 2 lbs. $10.15

Bulk Whole Barley - Animal Feed, Organic 45 lbs. $12.85

Bulk Whole Oats with Hulls - Animal Feed, Organic 45 lbs. $10.90

Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, Organic 1 gallon $14.35

Oranges, Navel, No Spray 25 lbs. $10.00

https://www.azurestandard.com

Last edited:
Yah, I've seen them before, but there was no drop off point anywhere near me
sad.png
I guess I'm just tooooo far away. Even worse, no feed mills around here with poultry that I know of, so I am stuck with TSC.
sad.png

I'm having that problem also. There are things I want and I can't find it. Raleigh NC is NOT in the boonies. There are SOOOO many Back yard chicken folks here.....I just don't get it. I got DE online it was $20.00 plus $20.00 for shipping and I thought that was good. Thanks for the info.
hmm.png

So the woman who runs the drop off around me just emailed with her info..come to find out she lives on t4eh same street as my inlaws...talk about convenient.

I ended ordering even more...their food / spice / plant prices are extremely fair.

I get Modesto Feed Mills soy free, organic layer pellets and SO happy with the product. I raise all my chicks on organic baby crumbles, never had an issue (other than what I couldn't help; IE chick came w/ lung infection, other got stuck in water bottle under light, pressure sores on heavy hens etc.)

But, I credit the feeds (and intense hawk-like care) for there amazing immune systems and 0% mortality rate. I *think* the feeds are related.

I love Azure!!! The products are great. If you ever have an issue with anything you purchase they will credit your account right away. We order fresh fruits & veggies, soft wheat, (I get my hard wheat locally) dried fruit, and all our basic pantry supplies. The prices are cheaper than most local stores. Only store I find cheaper is the military comissary, but I know most can't shop at the comissary. They start new drops every year, 2010 was Oklahomas first yr & 2011 they started drops in TX.

Thanks to this thread, I purchased 40 # of Rogue Chick Starter, organic and 5# of flax seed organic. the drop is 1 1/2 from me. I paid $4.15 for 85#...amazing. Has anyone tried the Rogue Chick Starter?

Yes, I've been buying from Azure Standard for a while now, and will probably be getting my feed from them, I love that there is no shipping tagged on to the price. So far, everything I've gotten from them has been really good stuff!!

Back
Top Bottom