Pictures of 107 eggs and the Great Chicken Hatch of 2011.

202roosterlane

Happy Hen on a Harley
12 Years
Feb 24, 2011
Central Arkansas
Hi I put 107 eggs in the bator at different times in November and December. I got these eggs from several BYC members and a few of my own. Yesterday and today 12 have hatched. I wanted to post pics earlier but the kept hatching. So I would wait for them to dry but then ANOTHER one would hatch. Finally tonight I took pics. I wanted to share with the peeps I bought these chickies from and everyone else my over whelming joy for each new chick.

I know you have seen hundreds of pics before of chicks but this will be (to me) amazing if I could get 60 - 80% hatch rate. But how awesome would it be to get 90-99%?
Considering 98% came through the mail I will stick with the 60-80%. In this 107 eggs I have Black Marans, Silkies, RIR, D'Uccles, Polish, Seramas. I hope you continue to watch this thread. My expected hatch dates are as follows:

December 14- 5 (2 Marans, 2 RIRs, 1 silkie)
December 15 - 7 (1 Maran, 1 RIR, 5 silkies)
December 16 - 1 (1 silkie)
December 23 - 2 (1 buff serama, 1 buff silkie)
December 26 - 5 (1 partridge, 3 black and one buff silkie) many are chirping.... got from Emvickery
December 27 - 6 (3 partridge silkie, 1 black, 1 dark silver,AND 1 MF D'Uccle/MF OEGB)
December 28 - 4 (3 white silkies, 1 buff silkie)
December 29 - 10 (2 white, 1 partridge, 2 silverish blues maybe? and 2 black, and 3 buffs silkies)
December 30 - 10 (2 RIRs, 2 silkies, 6 seramas) and still hatching!
December 31 - 9 (8 silkies through the night) That bator is a mess!
January 1 -
January 2 -
RUNNING TOTAL = 59- eggs live hatch
12 grew to about 90% and never made it to hatch day
29 did not candle well after day 12 (not fertllized, bloodring, PO handling, etc)

TOTAL WAITING TO HATCH: 7
big_smile.png

CURRENT HATCH RATE IS: 59%
%

If when you look at this thread, always come back to this very first post and I will keep the numbers hatched updated with the appropriate date. I may have to add a few dates if they do not hatch on the 21st day. After all they do hatch when THEY want to.
lol.png

I figure these will hatch as far out as possibly 2 January. I hope you check in every so often. I promise to try and take clear photos. These little guys move quickly. This is the best birthday gift ever. My husband says, " Happy Birthday" to ever new chick I show him. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas, Pauletta

I will take picture everyday, the morning after they hatch.

Last edited:
Hi and THANK YOU. I am hoping this chick comes out as pretty as this chicken I found as an example from the internet. The egg was marked "P" which leads me to believe it is a "partridge" silkie. It's just simply a cutie pie! Here is the pic I found on the internet of an adult.
80874_tumblr_l8xactfhsx1qauaoio1_500.jpg

Quote:

Thank you. I am still up because I have 2 trying to hatch as I type.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
I am like an old momma hen just flapping nervous and excited.
D.gif
They are truly a gift from God.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom