Òur momma was killed 4 days before eggs were due to hatch! Eggs were cold

I think I still see movement.
When counting days count 1 after she sat for 24 hours (with a possible short break). Don't count the day they were to cool to grow.
Just double checking were both parents mallards or mallard derived?

I think I still see movement.
When counting days count 1 after she sat for 24 hours (with a possible short break). Don't count the day they were to cool to grow.
Just double checking were both parents mallards or mallard derived?
The male was cayuga

It's day 31 and no hatches yet... I'm getting really worried that the humidity and temp drop is making it hard for them to hatch out.

Can you take a look at this video of them and tell me of they are through the internal membrane? They have been like this for a few days now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WMuLGWcM8EhPicap8
I don't think they're pipped internally yet, but they are definitely still alive. If you've heard chirping then one of them is at least, but if not, you'll still have to wait.

I don't think they're pipped internally yet, but they are definitely still alive. If you've heard chirping then one of them is at least, but if not, you'll still have to wait.
Ok. I haven't heard chirping yet. I've had them in lockdown since last week so hopefully that doesn't hurt them.

Update:
We decided to assist and are so glad we did! We now have 8 adorable, healthy babies, 2 days old.

Attachments

• 20240518_170022.jpg
    20240518_170022.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240518_170008.jpg
    20240518_170008.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240521_194442.jpg
    20240521_194442.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 3
Update! It's day 31 and no hatches yet...
She started sitting on the eggs on the 14th of April.
If she started sitting on April 14th, after one day of sitting it would be April 15th, after 2 days it would be April 16th, after 30 days it would be May 14 (which is the day you said 31 days).

Yes, they are late, but one day less late than you thought.

(I know this no longer matters for your eggs, but I'm posting it so anyone reading the thread in future can see how we usually count days for eggs.)

Back
Top Bottom