“Ameracauna” Rooster? Help!

Im far from an expert on genetics, (ask questions you have in genetics forum and experts WILL reply), but i THink that the gold gene expresses as red color, while silver gene looks silver/white? But i dont want to say anymore re gold/silver genes cause dont want to give wrong information. Thats a huge reason i love this website so much, bcause long ago realized if someone gives erroneous info, they will usually soon be corrected. Re a pullet SOmetimes having red splotches, yes i know! Because as i was commenting on the red shoulder splotches on the cockerel in pic, i was remembering the partridge brown easter egger that i once separated to live with cockerels in a bachelor pen. But by time she was 13-13 weeks of age, it was undeniable she was a splotchy red pullet! I luckily noticed before her cockerel roomate's hormones kicked in. That splotchy red pullet memory is exactly why i said i can "USually identify-- " LoL!

Can you post pics? I would be interested in seeing her.
Sure!
The red on her shoulders has dissipated with age. Now it’s in bars and lines, but in came in in splotches and worried me, but: She laid a beautiful blue egg today, her second one.
0D66F605-2B33-4BAF-AAA1-1022E6BABC24.jpeg
CD928E89-3D1C-4A09-9433-C306A0C89E7C.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom