“Dangerous” rabbit?

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
Hi all. I have heard threads about wild rabbits causing some harm to chickens but i want to make a thread to see what you guys think about this whole thing.

I’m a firm believer that wild animals think when im holding my chickens (most are very tiny bantams so they resemble wild birds!) wild animals seem to hover around me more. Maybe they think if they trust me why shouldn’t they? Anyway, i noticed two wild rabbits that would always stay together. One day that other rabbit disappeared and we have lots of rabbit eating predators here so probably due to that.
That rabbit seemed super sad after that, but will constantly follow me around. Every day i go out there to walk the chickens, he follows them and digs with them, he even goes when the rooster tidbits.. i think he must think he’s apart of their little flock. Sometimes he even tries to come in when they get put up for bed. Now, i feel bad for the little guy so i don’t mind him doing this, but my only worry is could he hurt my chickens? Or would that have already happened and he trusts them enough to not hurt them?

Back
Top Bottom