“Drunk” duck, stuck on its back, can’t walk

Stinsontribe

Hatching
May 19, 2019
Hi help, we are new “duck parents” ours are about 6 weeks old and today suddenly 2 of our six started Suddenly falling off balance, difficulty standing, walking like a drunk, flipping over on his back and getting stuck, and we can’t figure out what could have happened or caused it. Please help! Does anyone know are they in pain on their back? We are trying to watch over the two and we separated them from the other 4 and brought them
Inside and into the barrel we had the 6 of them in inside when they were younger the other 4 are out in the coop still. Please help

Thank you for helping. If the duck can get to the bowl he is trying to drink and eat but unless we help him he isn’t making it to the bowl or keeps falling in it and then onto his back again. It was just odd because we let all 6 out of the coop earlier today to roam in the grass and all 6 seemed totally fine and then within 30 minutes or so these 2 started the falling over, couldn’t walk etc. we tried to put them in the bath and one kept trying to get out. They ate some grass and nibbled on our hydrangea leaves today. my husband had our yard sprayed for bugs about 5 weeks ago, we run a sprinkler system on our yard 2-3times a day, what was sprayed 5 weeks ago couldn’t be harming them could it? If so what do we do? I read about using some activated charcoal to help the duck get the toxin out? I can send a video or picture shortly. Thank you all

Back
Top Bottom