“Share Helpful Backyard Poultry TIPS” a Random Posting CONTEST Thread ~ Hosts, Mike & Sally

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    Here is what I did with the thermo/hygro combo. It comes with a sticky velcro already on the back of it. All I did was cut a couple pieces out of a plastic water jug, cut some holes to keep ventilation and stuck it on there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    I was just going to say that you should post that here. :thumbsup

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  3. flocktastic

flocktastic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    I got a new little flashlight for candling but wanted a softer cushion and a way to create less gapping between the egg and the end of the flashlight.

I was trying to think of what I had on hand that could work - weather stripping! It's cushiony (yes, that's a word lol) and sticky on one side, so easy to apply & work with - however, I decided I wanted to secure mine better with super glue once I had it in place.

So I super glued the weather stripping around the end of the flashlight and voila! A perfect cushion and great seal on the egg for candling! Even if you don't have weather stripping on hand, it's super cheap and easy to pick up! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    HOW TO PROCESS FAST Skinning

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Candlers/ FLASHLIGHTS TO CANDLE DARK EGGS & Innovations SUGGESTIONS post #38996

Quote:
    • Skid-proof, waterproofing design, "O" ring sealed.
    • Super Bright, blinding Effect, adjustable focus range for different usage.
    • Convex Lens Reflector; Clip for convenience carry.
    • Internal wiring applies the high efficient booster circuit, working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent.
    • Suitable for Self Safety, hunting, cycling, climbing, camping and outdoor activity etc.

List Price:$29.99Price:$6.99 & FREE Shipping\
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

DARK EGGS TRY MORE THAN ONE FLASHLIGHT

1 person likes this.
  7. flocktastic

flocktastic Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    TEXAS
    Great info and LOVE the mic stand idea! How handy! I know my light isn't quite that many lumens but good to know if/when I switch up to higher power! The one I have right now is pretty great but I don't have any SUPER dark eggs at the moment. [​IMG]

8. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    @Sally Sunshine The lock on one of my coops :tongue

[​IMG]

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I use a baby video monitor that has that night vision, put it to good use in the chick brooders in case a lamp blows I know it. something like this but mine is 10 years plus old, CL always has them listed for sale!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    RATS MICE How to Build a “Stairway to Heaven” click HERE

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by