Crowing
May 20, 2020
NE Ohio

Nabiki

Quail Geek
Premium Feather Member
May 15, 2019
Sonoma County, CA
There was a link to a perfect greenhouse set up in the Surviving Minnesota thread. The man uses a system that brings outside air in through buried pipes to heat the greenhouse in the winter and cool it in the summer. I believe that the start of the greenhouse is also about 4' below ground level.

What you are looking at there looks similar to what @CindyinSD put up at her place.
My heart isn't set on that greenhouse. I would love to have one like the one you describe, but I'm not sure how much it would cost to build. I'm still doing research. I plan on talking to a couple of builders and while we're discussing the house, ask about the greenhouse too. If I can get it bundled in with the house cost, it might well be worth it to have a greenhouse that will be sturdier, last longer, and be more energy efficient.

Fishychix

Crowing
May 20, 2020
NE Ohio
I have electric baseboard heat throughout my house. I have all the breakers turned off for them. MY current source of heat is a pellet stove in the living room.

I sleep in a sleeping bag on my bed. No electric blanket and no heat in that room.
Yikes. I’ll pass :lol:
Her internal thermo-regulator runs on high. Mine runs on rock bottom low.

When the timos drop and stay down, I'll break down and start building fires. For now, I have wool socks and a big plush house robe.
I do love me some fuzzy socks!
Flip flops?! I thought it was cold :)
No can do. Cold feet are not fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom