➡➡ Kiki Speak

Mine started after I had an iv medication for 6 months. They blame that, but it could’ve been the fact that I was

Stress can do so much to your body and it is so hard to avoid it.

Someone on here told me my dr is an idiot because it’s genetic. No one else in my family has thyroid issues. They said it can’t be caused by anything but genetics 🙄 Glad you have heard otherwise.
It is genetic. It's not purely genetic, however. You have to have the predisposition for it, but it may not manifest even if you have the gene.

It makes your eyes bulge out. I had to have the whole socket of both eyes fractured. It basically swells the muscles and it pushes on your eyes. It’s painful, but a new med just got approved for it. I’m waiting for it to get to the hospital so I can try it.
Oh wow! Yes, that sounds VERY painful. I hope the new medication helps once you are able to try it.

It is genetic. It's not purely genetic, however. You have to have the predisposition for it, but it may not manifest even if you have the gene.
The medication I was on says there’s a 1% chance graves would happen. It happened to one other patient I guess. I’m not sure if they’re still alive either.

I was tested for the genetic part because of my kids.

Oh wow! Yes, that sounds VERY painful. I hope the new medication helps once you are able to try it.
I’m on rituxan right now which helps a lot. It’s not approved for it though. I’d rather take something that’s made for it.

I bet the side effects list is a mile long. It’s like Russian roulette with medication now.

Back
Top Bottom