➡➡ Kiki Speak

It sounds like a really frustrating job. I hate digging in sand. Glad you got it fixed, though. Are you on a well, or do you have to pay by the drop for that water?
This happens to be on Regional Water. I get 10,000 gallons per month that I have to pay for whether I use it or not. Normally in the winter that means I am paying for ten times more than I use. With the leak, I was getting hit with a surcharge for 40,000 gallons that was leaking out over the course of 3 months.

I have a well but that is to keep the trees alive. The well water is very hard and is not good for the garden. I use the house water for the garden and the animals.

This is a pic of a few branches of one of our chokecherry trees - there are two red-leaved ones the birds have cleaned off and they are ignoring the fruit on the ones with green leaves, so thought I might see if I can get decent jelly from them:
View attachment 2244123
Those leaves look almost like magnolias.

It sounds like a really frustrating job. I hate digging in sand. Glad you got it fixed, though. Are you on a well, or do you have to pay by the drop for that water?
Digging in sand. I'll take that any day of the year as apposed to the "Texas black clay" we have here that's just below the surface in areas & either in-between the builders and stones or right on top of them.....

If it rains then any digging is postponed for "x days" depending entirely on the quantity of rain. As this stuff is such a sticky, slippery and heavy mess when wet.....

I don't even like the water.
the ocean kinda sorta scares me
It's a shame I married someone with a master diving license.
.....shuffles shoes in the sand on the boardwalk....

So I want to ask if you and hubby have ever talked about this openly admitted discomfort towards open water; specifically ocean water.

I want to ask more.....

I'd like to share some cool info that demystifies large bodies of water.

And then some cool trivia about the human body in different types of water; bouyancy variations, & stress's effect on ability to float.....

And other fun things.

Yes I love water, there are 8mm film of me at ~2y/o swimming in the lake..... Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.....

This happens to be on Regional Water. I get 10,000 gallons per month that I have to pay for whether I use it or not. Normally in the winter that means I am paying for ten times more than I use. With the leak, I was getting hit with a surcharge for 40,000 gallons that was leaking out over the course of 3 months.

I have a well but that is to keep the trees alive. The well water is very hard and is not good for the garden. I use the house water for the garden and the animals.
When I used to cover the city council meetings for the teensie local paper in Custer, peeps would regularly come in to ask for reduction of water fees in situations like yours. They usually were given at least a discount. Of course your regional water may or may not, but it could be worth an attempt... Those water bills can be a killer. 😕

When I used to cover the city council meetings for the teensie local paper in Custer, peeps would regularly come in to ask for reduction of water fees in situations like yours. They usually were given at least a discount. Of course your regional water may or may not, but it could be worth an attempt... Those water bills can be a killer. 😕
I won't even ask. It isn't like it didn't actually go through my meter. I am usually more in tune with what is going on and could have saved a lot simply by shutting off the outside water.

.....shuffles shoes in the sand on the boardwalk....

So I want to ask if you and hubby have ever talked about this openly admitted discomfort towards open water; specifically ocean water.

I want to ask more.....

I'd like to share some cool info that demystifies large bodies of water.

And then some cool trivia about the human body in different types of water; bouyancy variations, & stress's effect on ability to float.....

And other fun things.

Yes I love water, there are 8mm film of me at ~2y/o swimming in the lake..... Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.....
You want to, or you're going to? Do I have a choice? 😉

Yes, he knows how much I hate water, especially the ocean. That's why I encourage him to go on diving trips with his mum. He comes home happy, tired, and content-- it's like daycare for husbands.
Don't worry, I hear plenty of "fun" facts and trivia from him already.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a huge fan of white water rafting and fresh water fishing (as long as my feet are on the shore 😇). I can swim quite well, I just don't like to.

You want to, or you're going to? Do I have a choice? 😉

Yes, he knows how much I hate water, especially the ocean. That's why I encourage him to go on diving trips with his mum. He comes home happy, tired, and content-- it's like daycare for husbands.
Don't worry, I hear plenty of "fun" facts and trivia from him already.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a huge fan of white water rafting and fresh water fishing (as long as my feet are on the shore 😇). I can swim quite well, I just don't like to.
Yes. You have a choice.

I was coming at this from a philosophical POV .....

Later tonight maybe?

Back
Top Bottom