➡➡ Kiki Speak

That actually depends on the ratio in the bottle & you can actually mix the isopropyl alcohol & vinegar as well - in the sprayer bottle.... I'd also suggest using a scotch sponge (scratch side) on the windows and wipe away with old towel or old news print NOT paper towels.... Not strong enough wiping material for the "elbow grease" you will apply.
My mom was a contracted cleaner, I know the tricks. I just used old cotton pillow case, the good thick ones, for wiping windows. It worked very nice on my door. Need to do the outside but it’s breezy. I’ll wait.

Rubbing alcohol and water, 1:1 ratio.
Ah. That makes much more sense. Vodka is too pricey for that, therefore i never tried it.
Isopropyl alcohol, not vodka. It is much cheaper and is not drinkable. Alcohol can dissolve grease but so can dish soap. Vinegar will not dissolve grease.
That also makes a lit of sense I always thought vinegar was a degreaser but it never did a good job for me and that would be why :lol:
If using a smoke free car and your windshield is constantly developing a film on the inside, I would be suspicious of a heater core leak.
NnnOoo! It also needs bushings and something else with the wheels Im sure. It wobbles badly when you put on the brakes at anything faster than in town speeds. Somehow I seem to be the only one that notices 🤷🏻‍♀️
Angle of approach?
Ohhhhhh, wait.... Car windows smear even with vinegar? Is it straight out of bottle or diluted vinegar? What model & year of vehicle do you have? This could be a symptom of a repair wait to happen......
Diluted distilled vinegar. I keep it pretty strong though. 07 torrent, a diamond in the rough :)
That actually depends on the ratio in the bottle & you can actually mix the isopropyl alcohol & vinegar as well - in the sprayer bottle.... I'd also suggest using a scotch sponge (scratch side) on the windows and wipe away with old towel or old news print NOT paper towels.... Not strong enough wiping material for the "elbow grease" you will apply.

You can mix isopropyl and vinegar? I like the scratch pad idea. Never thought of it.

Man! Im glad i mentioned this with all this good advice Im getting

However, he is laser accurate on the soapy water route in sprayer.

I have on many occasions over the years filled the sprayer bottle ~2/3 with very hot water, then several pumps of dawn into the bottle. Swirled it around good to get it uniform blueish. Made sure it was in spray fan not stream mode for foamy coverage to soak in easier over large area.
Warmth always works on stuff faster.

:hitBut I dont wanna!:hit
Id have to win the lottery to get anything done. At this rate Im left walking to and from work if it breaks down. I live fairly close, so it wouldnt be too bad :(
Hold yer horses kiddo. We don't know *IF* it's a heater core issue yet, now do we?

2ndly, if it is and a emergency fix is needed. They are simple and super cheap to do. It's called a looping bypass of the heater core. At most it could cost $10. However, let's wait on that just yet, focus on cleaning the windows and letting the next week pass as you take note of what happens to the windshield as the days go by.

Hold yer horses kiddo. We don't know *IF* it's a heater core issue yet, now do we?

2ndly, if it is and a emergency fix is needed. They are simple and super cheap to do. It's called a looping bypass of the heater core. At most it could cost $10. However, let's wait on that just yet, focus on cleaning the windows and letting the next week pass as you take note of what happens to the windshield as the days go by.
Sounds like a plan to me 😻

Back
Top Bottom