⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

The roaming dogs don't go after the woodchucks?

Since they dig, follow the fencing guidelines and bury fencing 18" down around everything you want to keep them out of. Digging in your gravel won't be fun.
Maybe I can get my tenant to help with that. I don't have a clue on how to do fencing, but my tenant put in the fencing for the chickens, and he did put chicken wire down into the ground to make sure dogs wouldn't dig under. I hope it deters the ground chucks too.

They're close to my property, but not ON my property. There's one on each side of the railroad track within 100' of my property. I guess I should contact the city first.
Yes, definitely do not "poison" if not on your own property. If they are within the railroad right of way, you will likely need to contact the railroad.

Maybe I can get my tenant to help with that. I don't have a clue on how to do fencing, but my tenant put in the fencing for the chickens, and he did put chicken wire down into the ground to make sure dogs wouldn't dig under. I hope it deters the ground chucks too.
Buried chicken wire aka poultry netting rusts out really quickly. For burial you need to use hardware cloth.

In other words they know it is not in their jurisdiction and are telling you to go ahead and break the law.
Pretty much. It also sounds like because the burrows are on either side of the railroad tracks I'm not likely to get any response from the railroad company that owns the tracks.

To keep completely legal, I need to trap them on my own land and dispatch them here. Firing a gun inside city limits, is, as I thought, illegal.

Back
Top Bottom