⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

It should be a requirement for meteorologists to not have anxiety. It makes for tense forecasts
That keeps the ad rates high. " The world will end in ONE hour. News at Eleven."
Also, does anyone remember a year with a normal or below average hurricane forecast?

Sorry i'm late. I was working on this when things went sideways yesterday.

Thank you for bringing smiles with my morning Coffee.

Have had a busy first part of the week...
Monday: Helped a cow calve...one leg presentation...fished out the leg.
Set 90 eggs Monday evening.
Tuesday: Repaired Spring pasture fences on auxiliary pasture...fallen tree and many downed tree limbs over winter.
Wednesday: Assisted 2nd cow delivering back feet first. Coyote and 1/2 dog chasing cows...joined neighbors in the successful predator hunt.
Life on the farm is never dull.

That keeps the ad rates high. " The world will end in ONE hour. News at Eleven."
Also, does anyone remember a year with a normal or below average hurricane forecast?

30 years ago the news was delivered in a very measured tone with little emotion but a lot of facts for you to make your decision.

Nowadays, it's all about how this makes you feel and them telling you what to feel. Feel mad! Feel upset! Let's riot! The cameras will be on at 10!

I feel uncomfortable with the news anchors in short skirts sitting on stools 12 feet apart. Nice legs, but they don't look comfortable on their perches. And I didn't tune in to stare at legs. :hmm

Easy peasy refried beans.
I had never made them in the pressure cooker before.
I put 1 lb of beans one can of chicken broth, 5 cups of water, big chunk of onion, bell pepper and garlic.
Pressure cooked for 45 minutes then scooped the beans out into the bowl and took a mixer to beat them up.

I poured just a little of the liquid into the beans as I was mixing.
When I fix any type of bean, I use my pressure cooker most of the time. The rest of the time I use the slow cooker.
For Pinto beans I also add one cube of Knorr Caldo de Tomate conSabor de Pollo...Tomato Bouillon with Chicken flavor and a whole dried Chile pepper.
I cut up and brown the onion in bacon or ham fat with the garlic and cumin.

Last year was low. And I mean actual hurricanes not named storms. Thats another thing they're starting to name clouds basically to get the "record numbers" up. They need to quit that too
I did lose power for a few days last hurricane season but hey thats what preps are for

Happy Cinco de Mayo!
🌮🌯🇲🇽🫔
Funny thing about Cinco de Mayo.

Most people don't know that back in 1912 Hellman's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the "Titanic" was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after New York City.
The Mexican people were eagerly awaiting delivery and were disconsolate at the loss. So much so that they declared a national day of mourning which they still observe today.

It is known, of course, as ...

SINKO de MAYO

Funny thing about Cinco de Mayo.

Most people don't know that back in 1912 Hellman's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the "Titanic" was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after New York City.
The Mexican people were eagerly awaiting delivery and were disconsolate at the loss. So much so that they declared a national day of mourning which they still observe today.

It is known, of course, as ...

SINKO de MAYO
🤦🏻‍♀️😆

Back
Top Bottom